FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FPS drop and lag

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tocidaz

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Re: FPS drop and lag

MiRai wrote:
tocidaz wrote:https://pastebin.com/CxMUqzRW heres one with the game running. No idea if that matters.

It does matter, and it's the one we wanted. From the looks of it, you're maxing out two of your cores:

| +- CPU Core #1 : 92.0635 91.0256 100
| +- CPU Core #2 : 91.2698 85.7143 95.8333

Im not the most tech savvy guy but I assume that should spread the workload? Is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks for the reply.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Aye. I agree. It really seems like your CPU strategy is not using all cores. Did you export the profile after setting it the last time?

Can you show us your current config?
<<

tocidaz

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 pm

Sure thing. https://pastebin.com/yUHcemms

I did the export thing. Its starting to look like the issue is on my end.
<<

bob

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:47 pm

That it is.
The profile shows that All CPUs are assigned to all slots, so that is good. Seems damn odd that then that 2 cores are being maxed out while the others are not, and they are showing a lot of availability.

You don't have other addons/interface/skins/things being loaded into the games?

Maybe watch Task Manager or Process Explorer or something similar to see what processes are using all the CPU? Maybe it's not just EQ ?
<<

tocidaz

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:02 am

2 of my cores were parked. I didnt even know they could "park". So far all instances are running at the correct FPS :D My only concern now is were those 2 cores parked for a reason. Will check back in a couple of hours. Thanks alot you two.

Also, if anyone else is having a similar issue heres what I used and it was easy. http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/D ... ng-Utility
<<

bob

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:33 am

This one is covered in the How to Tweak Your Framerate page, or more specifically, the How to Disable CPU Throttling. The fun part is always identifying that it is happening.

/e: Sorry about not thinking of that earlier. Core Parking normally affects all windows and a bit more intermittently across them. We all learnt something today.
<<

tocidaz

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:34 am

Still going good. Thanks alot for your help Bob and MiRai. I would not have found the problem without it.
Previous

Return to EverQuest