FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Complex Setup - 2 computers - 22 accounts - broadcast

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Manni

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:14 am

Complex Setup - 2 computers - 22 accounts - broadcast

Running a box and tried for testing purpose to setup a bunch of more chars.

1st System: 11 toons
2nd System: 11 toons

Accounts should be able to get swapped and have a special multibind/hotbutton-Setup for every toon - even if the toon changes on the account.

Both systems work, have connect, fight, run, follow, no problem.
But the Broadcast Switch (Setup all to Numpad) if deactivated spams numpads to all other accounts. It seems it is not completely deactivated.

I don't know if this is remotely possible to do but:

- all toons should be able to work as "leader/control" for all via numpad
- all numpads are bound to appropriate keys for starting EQ hotbuttons/macros
- every toon should be able to disable broadcasting COMPLETELY or enable the necessary numpad-keys ONLY
- after loading another toon on the same account, this toon should have his private set of multibinds, not the ones from the main toon on this account (which it has now)

I assume that has to do with personal inis somehow. The only solution so far would be to have every toon on all accounts having exact the same hotbutton-layout with the same numpad-keys to be compatible at activating. That is hell rework which I wanted to avoid. But still a Zerker dies due to unintended spam of his AA/Discs while standing around and waiting :roll:

Is there another way to check why all are broadcasting despite broadcasting is disabled? I surely miss another function to disable somehow.

Any help/hint/ideas/solutions appreciated. Many thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: Complex Setup - 2 computers - 22 accounts - broadcast

• Mapped keys will broadcast if they are setup as Mapped Keys and Key Maps are not disabled.
  • Mapped Keys will broadcast if setup as Mapped Keys, and they've been created in a Key Map which does not get disabled (e.g. anything which does not have HOTKEYS in the name in a default config, or any Key Maps you create yourself that you have not specifically added to the Key Maps toggle http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_added_a_n ... able_it.3F)
  • Broadcasting enabled/disabled will do exactly that.
  • Mapped Keys will still function, even when Broadcasting is disabled. Mapped Keys trump Broadcasting. Broadcasting != Key Maps

Not really sure about the rest of what you mean WRT the numpad. If you have configured Key Maps with Mapped Keys for each of your toons, then you need to ensure that only the applicable Toons get them assigned, and make sure those Key Maps get disabled/enabled appropriately when using the Enable/Disable function for Key Maps.

As for INI's. The game loads an INI file, when you load the game; not when you log in a specific character. ISBoxer doesn't change this, it just happens to allows for the fact that each character might have a different INI file, that can be loaded when the game loads. So, if you want to swap characters on the same account, and have a different INI file apply, you would need to exit the specific game you want to swap toons in, update your character set with the new character (its a drag drop), export to Inner Space, and launch the team and let Inner Space fill in any missing games, loading the appropriate characters INI at that time.
<<

Manni

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:44 am

Many thanks for your explanation. It seems I have a missconception about the keymaps. I thougth disabling broadcast is enough. But I have made keymaps but I need somethow to disable them completely and enable them on every toon. I will work through that link again. Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:52 pm

For Key Maps, if you have a special one for each toon, then you will probably either add them all to the Activate Maps (all windows) mapped key, and then make use of the whitelist/blacklist for each character, or set the load for the Key Maps to be specific to that character.

If you were a fan of the virtualization actions, then it would be possible to have each toon load it's own key map, but I can't see it being any less configuration than just adding them to the Activate Maps, and make the Key Map State Action target the specific character.

Return to EverQuest