FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using /follow in Everquest

Moderator: MiRai

<<

banchicawawo

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 am

Using /follow in Everquest

So, I am 3 boxing and pretty happy with my setup so far, but when I use /follow from my secondary and tertiary accounts, my characters end up running in wildly large circles around my primary character instead of actually following him. I have increased the background framerate to 50 fps instead of 30 fps, but that hasn't helped. I've also added in a /pause command in my macro to make it delay between when the characters target my main toon and when they follow him.

Otherwise, I have to end up switching to each instance, lining up the character perfectly, and then using /follow. Any suggestions on how I can get my boxed toons to follow my main character better?

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Using /follow in Everquest

Only what is covered in this post... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247
<<

EQtriboxer

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Using /follow in Everquest

What are the specs of your machine?

Following in EQ is totally dependent on FPS. That happens to me in PoK sometimes with my boxed toons. I had to bump up the FPS in my "guest" windows, and that helped a little bit.. but still, if theres a bunch of people in the zone, they'll run around like crazy people.

I'm running a nvidia GTX 970, 16 GB of RAM, and a Core i5 3.4 ghz. 5 toons is my max, so I run 3, sometimes 4 with no lag. Still occasionally have the running in circles issue you brought up.

Return to EverQuest