FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Few questions relating to setup/healing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fueil

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Few questions relating to setup/healing

Hello All,

Never posted on here, I've always been trying to figure things out from the outside, and i'm curious about a few questions, so figured it was time to reach out.

First: My question relating to setup, this is all for EverQuest. Once the Wizard is established for say "Quick Setup" the box that's checked for hotbars 1 - =, is that something you can turn off without having to setup a new crew in the wizard? I did some general searching, and well couldn't find anything relating too that.

Second: I have been watching the videos relating to healing and the walkthrough posted viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6553 here. I am curious about trying to find a way to setup healing directed at my pet or pet's. My Necro's pet is the main tank in my group, I will be running a cleric merc for now, but eventually I would like to get away from all mercs, and just run a six box setup. I currently run Necro, Shm (Group heals), Druid (Direct Heals), Enchanter, and Bard. I really enjoy dots, so that's one the main reasons I have this setup. However, getting off topic here. So, i'm in the middle of setting up the click bars for healing, and I noticed in the guide/walkthrough it doesn't discuss pet's, so just trying to get some information on how I might go about setting this up.

I will note, i'm not an avid know it all when it comes to ISBoxer, but I am trying to learn!

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Re: Few questions relating to setup/healing

First:
The 1 to = hotkeys are defined in the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys key map. If you do not want the default ones anymore, you can remove the hotkeys by selecting the appropriate Mapped Key (the hotkeys are the light grey characters off to the right), and then using the < button next to the hotkey, select <NONE> in the Hotkey Picker in the drop down.
If you are in fact referring to the hotbar overlay, this is a menu, and you can assign it, or remove the assignment by selecting your character set in the top left, in the lower left select Menus, and then in the lower right highlight the ISB42 - Standard menu to add, and unhighlight to remove.

Second:
You are simply going to need to use special socials. Pets and Mercs muddy the waters a bit. Pets because they either need specific targeting from the pet owner, or macros (socials) that specifically name them. You might be able to get away with a mapped key which spells out /TAR PETNAME using individual keystrokes if the pet name is < 9 characters. Mercs muddy the waters because they change your party target ordering, i.e. the F1 - F6 keys which are normally used for Target Party Member X, can get a bit broken with mercs when using the ISBoxer Target Slot methods, because they have no idea your party has mercs, and the ordering within the party changes. This means you either need to use socials again for specific member targeting, or dynamically update the Target Slot Virtual Keystrokes on the fly (a reasonable method would be a small, but kind of complicated menu configuration).
<<

Fueil

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Okay thanks, I appreciate the information. I just really want the keymaps for my main window to be turned off, so I will go through that and disable per character. I just didn't want to make a bunch of new keys when I didn't feel like I needed too.

Right now, i'm trying to get the click bars too work in game, I'm sure it has something to do with my setup from the wizard, so i'm going to try and trouble shoot that first. Hopefully, I can figure this out, cause I feel like i'm on the right track, but tweaks might be needed. I am running two healers in my group, but I was/am primarily setting up just my Shammy to test since he's got better group heals, figured i'd see if I can get him to work first, then move into the Druid.

At this point, I have the click bars up in game, and when I click nothing is happening, so i'm going back through the information you posted. I'm sure it's because I don't have the assist or anything setup from the quick setup Wizard.

Thanks
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 pm

By Default EQ does not have an Assist setup (or a Follow IIRC). You need to do a few things.

And they are all pretty much covered in this post. If you are using the current ISBoxer (42.3 if you look in Help -> About ISBoxer Toolkit, or it says build 42 in the title bar), then all you should need to do is the steps listed (you can bypass the video watching).
<<

Fueil

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Okay, I currently have version 42.5 so looks like i'm in good shape. It looks like in the characters with the variables are already set f1 - f6 for example. The character set doesn't have a variable set, not sure if that's the issue or not. I followed the instructions that you posted, and when I right or left click, it doesn't seem to do anything, per the "healing" mapped keys. So, i'm wondering if there's something i'm missing along the way here. But, i'm going to keep digging and see what's going on, I may just restart again, and see what's the issue.

Appreciate the information, and this is a lot of work haha!

Thanks
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

So at this point, I don't know what you are doing with the mouse left and right click, as these are generally not used as hotkeys for ISBoxer, because most MMO's need them on your main for selecting. The only point you might use them are for healing, at which point it will come down to the healing configuration you have setup, and whether it is being enabled when you mouseover something, like a Click Bar.

If you want help with it, share your config.
<<

Fueil

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Yeah, I can do that.

I guess what i'm trying to do is set it up like the WoW video, where I can just left click next too the click bar that's up, and do a simple heal 1 or simple heal 2. Here is the link regarding the profile.

https://www.zerobin.net/?8f552d9ce4799a ... A+nDYlRWM=

Thanks
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Ok, so I think your first problem is your Show Hide Healing Bar mapped key, which displays the healing bar, then disables the Healing Key Map in step 1.
This should probably be Turn it On.
Step 2 is also doing the opposite.

Your Mapped Key step state is also incorrect. This should be setting the Step to Step 2, not Adding 2

The other issue you are probably experiencing will be that you need to move this particular mapped key to another Key Map. It is not a good idea to be executing a mapped key that disables the Key Map that it is contained in, because once you do that, how do you expect to be able to run it again?
So, move this mapped key (right click, select Copy to Clipboard, goto another Key Map, like the ISB42 - Always On, and paste it in there, and then delete the original.

Next, remove the assignment of the Key Map to the Character Set. If it is assigned, it starts On, and you don't need that because your mapped key will load it.

You also have a bit of a mixed configuration, and after a quick review, I think you should delete the Always On, Combat, and Non-Combat Key Maps. They are replicated by some of the others, and you are ended up with multiple mapped keys that do some funky things, running at the same time, especially when you use ALT+A, ALT+F, SHIFT+ALT+M.

And Finally, I'm guessing that you configured your in game socials for /Follow and /Assist to be ALT+F and ALT+A respectively? Can you confirm?
<<

Fueil

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Okay, I will have to go over that for sure, I thought I had it correct by your guide, but it doesn't look like i'm too far off. I am in the middle of setting up a bunch of other mapped keys if there's a bunch of blanks ect.

Currently my follow keys are set in game yes, I set those up in ISBoxer cause it kept giving me a "help tip" you need to set this up ect ect. So, i'm going to look at the changes you've brought up. I will have to go through apparently and polish some stuff up, i've used ISBoxer for years, but i've finally decided to not be lazy and get things setup the right way, versus the noob way.
<<

Fueil

Post Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:22 pm

OKay, looks like it's working, I will need to fix some of the in game keys to Mapped Keys working properly. I had to include the character set in the click bar, otherwise it wouldn't allow me to pull up the window in game. But, it seems to be working now. I really have to fine tune things lol. I appreciate you looking over the information I provided, this is a great leap for me going forward.

Thanks!

Return to EverQuest