FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ not launching anymore

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DCRogers

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:11 am

EQ not launching anymore

Had a stretch where ISBoxer was crashing so followed instruction to download test patches, started working fine again, then after the latest patch EQ has stopped responding entirely. Please walk me through baby steps on what you need so that we can get this fixed please!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 am

Re: EQ not launching anymore

Post a compatibility diagnostic, and then to revert to build 6174 as per 2a here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8807
<<

DCRogers

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 am

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:16 am

What sticks out immediately in your diagnostics is a couple Application Compatibility flags enabled on eqgame.exe on your PC --

Code:
0 D:\Games\Everquest\eqgame.exe: $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<name of dll>
0 I:\EQ\eqgame.exe: $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<name of dll>

These are flags that Windows would have automatically applied at some point in order to try to fix a crash that came from unloading a specific DLL at some point in the past. Both of them should be removed. To do so, run regedit.exe (you should be able to press Windows+R, and type in regedit.exe), and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers. You can just delete the two different eqgame.exe listings, they are not required or being helpful in this case :)

If that does NOT solve it, there are a couple of programs you have running that you could try shutting down to see if the problem goes away -- RAPTR Plays.tv, Razer Synapse

Let us know :)
<<

DCRogers

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Doing all of the above it has gotten a little better and by that i mean... i right click, launch my character set, nothing, repeat and it loads the set. but if i try to launch a single character it does nothing after the initial launch of the entire set
<<

MissTerious

Post Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Right click on the target in the systray. Go to Game Configuration tab and pull it down so it says "Everquest." Make sure the selection says "EQgame.exe" The parameter is 'patchme.' Make sure the exe points to your main game directory. You many have several EQgame.exes because of default installation locations changing.

Return to EverQuest