FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ doesn't launch anymore after InnerSpace patching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:23 am

Re: EQ doesn't launch anymore after InnerSpace patching

I have disabled all Windows 10 updates since August 2016 because many people with W10 on the DBG forums reported graphic issues (severe fps loss) whatever GPU they had with newer versions of W10. Do you recommend keeping it like this or will this raise issues with Inner Space software ?

I wouldn't recommend keeping Windows Updates disabled for more than a year, no. That answer generally has nothing to do with Inner Space. We're talking about the Windows 10 anniversary update, right?

Issues from not having Windows Updates can pop up in pretty much any software though.
<<

Astaroth1999

Post Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Adonhiram wrote:Yes, thank you and my apologies for not having updated my issue.

The experimental patch didn't solve the issue, so I followed your second advice and reverted to the older version you recommended. It works now.

That said, allow me to ask a you a more general question :

I have disabled all Windows 10 updates since August 2016 because many people with W10 on the DBG forums reported graphic issues (severe fps loss) whatever GPU they had with newer versions of W10. Do you recommend keeping it like this or will this raise issues with Inner Space software ?

I had to roll back the Windows 10 Creator patch due to poor performance. I am on build 1511 now which works fine. Running 37 boxes via isboxer on 1511 is about 50-70% CPU for me. If I patch to creators edition it pegs all my cores at 100% and everything becomes unusable.
<<

Adonhiram

Post Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:54 pm

lax wrote:

I wouldn't recommend keeping Windows Updates disabled for more than a year, no. That answer generally has nothing to do with Inner Space. We're talking about the Windows 10 anniversary update, right?

Issues from not having Windows Updates can pop up in pretty much any software though.

Absolutely, the anniversary update, but I read conflicting answers here, Sir :-)

Reverting to the older IS Boxer worked for me, I'll keep it like that a few weeks and will attempt a Window update later. W10 updates are reversible within one month after installation, that should keep me a safety exit open if things go wrong again with IS Boxer or Everquest.
<<

Adonhiram

Post Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 pm

UPDATE : I finally updated to W10 version 1607 (blocking 1703 updates, right before Creator ones) and repatched Inner Space to the current version, seems to work now. Issue solved so far.
Previous

Return to EverQuest