FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bristlebane auto disconnect when using ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kneeki

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Bristlebane auto disconnect when using ISBoxer

I'm extremely new to ISBoxer, so this may be something that I'm doing wrong. When launching the game via ISBoxer, whether it's my entire team (5 characters) or a single game instance (right clicking ISBoxer tray icon > EverQuest > EverQuest No Patch) I can log in, select server, select character, and enter the game world for about 1 minute. After which the game will display the You have been disconnected message. As far as I know, Bristlebane is friendly to boxing, what can I do from here?

Running Ubuntu 17.04 x64
PlayOnLinux > 32 bit virtual drive
<<

kneeki

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Re: Bristlebane auto disconnect when using ISBoxer

Two more questions.

1. If one of the game windows is closed, how can I go about re-opening that particular game window?
2. Occasionally, something like the image below will occur. How can I fix this?

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:23 pm

When launching the game via ISBoxer, whether it's my entire team (5 characters) or a single game instance (right clicking ISBoxer tray icon > EverQuest > EverQuest No Patch) I can log in, select server, select character, and enter the game world for about 1 minute. After which the game will display the You have been disconnected message.

I'm pretty sure that sounds exactly like logging in with an outdated eqgame.exe, either because the game patched since you last ran the EQ patcher, or because you have multiple EQ folders.

1. If one of the game windows is closed, how can I go about re-opening that particular game window?

You can re-launch the team the same way as originally, and it will re-open the missing window. There's also an "ISBoxer Character Set Slots" sub-menu in the right click menu on the tray icon.

2. Occasionally, something like the image below will occur. How can I fix this?

Seems like either another program interfering, or outdated video drivers. Can't really be sure from the screenshot how to permanently correct the issue.
<<

kneeki

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks for the reply Lax!

I'm pretty sure that sounds exactly like logging in with an outdated eqgame.exe, either because the game patched since you last ran the EQ patcher, or because you have multiple EQ folders.

I just tried launching the patcher, there was no patch to apply. Also, I can play the game without issue by launching the game without using ISBoxer. What further diagnosing can I do?

You can re-launch the team the same way as originally, and it will re-open the missing window. There's also an "ISBoxer Character Set Slots" sub-menu in the right click menu on the tray icon.

Thank you!

Seems like either another program interfering, or outdated video drivers. Can't really be sure from the screenshot how to permanently correct the issue.

I did a software update yesterday but didn't restart. I'll give that a go and try again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:51 pm

kneeki wrote:Thanks for the reply Lax!

I just tried launching the patcher, there was no patch to apply. Also, I can play the game without issue by launching the game without using ISBoxer. What further diagnosing can I do?

You should make sure Inner Space is configured with the same EQ folder as you are launching.

Check your Game Profile in Inner Space -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile -- and make sure it is the same as the one you're launching manually with the patcher.

You also run the patcher through the Inner Space menu via EverQuest Default Profile.
<<

kneeki

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Check your Game Profile in Inner Space -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile -- and make sure it is the same as the one you're launching manually with the patcher.

Tried following the instructions in that links, but upon launching the Configuration window, this is what I see. When I added the game 'EverQuest', I linked it to the eqgame.exe. Should I have instead linked it to Launchpad.exe?

edit:
I just added a 'new' game, linking instead to the Launchpad.exe, and choosing that game with the nopatch option for each character in the team. I have the same result.

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 pm

If the console is not displaying, then some other software is probably interfering.
The common ones are usually MSI Nahimic or Asus Sonic Suite.

If you have either of these, you can either uninstall them, or disable their overlays (IDK if disabling the overlays works as no-one has reported back to say whether it does).

If you don't have either of these, grab a compatibility diagnostic on InnerSpace.exe
<<

kneeki

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:35 pm

I don't have the interfering software running. Couldn't run the compatibility diagnostic, got a critical error. Here's the pastebin.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:55 pm

I'd have to say that is because you are not using Windows, so you probably don't have any of the WMI services.

You are a bit on your own on this one. InnerSpace and ISBoxer are not currently tested on Linux or OSX, and are designed and written specifically for Windows, with the expectation that the appropriate Windows services will be in place. This may also be part of the issue with the blank screen on the Inner Space console, in that it is using an API which is not implemented as it is in Windows in the same way in the shell you are using.

You can check the Game Profiles by editing the GameConfiguration.xml directly. It is in the InnerSpace installation folder.

As for your d/c issue. It does sound like the behaviour from the True Box servers, even though I can't find any information on whether Bristlebane is or not, although probably not considering the longevity of the server.

Also, I note that PlayOnLinux doesn't list EverQuest as being supported. It does list Everquest II: Sentinals Fate.

/edit: After a bit of a read, I see the "supported" appears to mean an installer has been created for it. I also see that PlayOnLinux seems to be a nice installer manager for Wine on Linux. So this might come back to the one of the earlier points that 1. we don't currently test on Linux/Wine, and 2. the d/c point is after you have logged in and entered the game world. Any d/c at that point is going to be game/server controlled, or some underlying issue. InnerSpace does not do any network handling at all.
<<

kneeki

Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Hey, thanks bob.

I'll continue diagnosing the issue the best I can. I really hope I don't need to dual boot to get this to work, but that may be my only option.
Next

Return to EverQuest