FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

how do you use eqplaynice with isboxer?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

janktron

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am

how do you use eqplaynice with isboxer?

thought i just posted this but it's not showing up...

anyways, how do you use eqplaynice with isboxer?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:09 am

Re: how do you use eqplaynice with isboxer?

Same way you use it without ISBoxer, except that you have ISBoxer launch the game. Generally the easiest way is to install WinEQ 2, and have it running (as Administrator) -- you just don't launch the games with WinEQ 2. Any EQ1 game instances will have EQPlayNice if it is enabled.

Tip: If you do want to run EQPlayNice with ISBoxer, you will need to disable either ISBoxer's FPS limiting (per Slot in your Character Set), or EQPlayNice's FPS limtiing (not the same as Rendering Limiting). If both FPS limiters are enabled, the game is likely to perform slower than desired.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/EverQuest#EQPlayNice
<<

janktron

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:57 am

hmmm...ill have to test that again then once servers come back up. I tried it just like that yesterday and with WinEQ2 running and launching thru ISBoxer the game was running just as bad as when I just have ISBoxer running...but when I launched it thru wineq2 there was a huge improvement across all characters, so made me think that playnice wasn't workign with isboxer and that I needed to enable it or something..
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:57 am

If you do not run WinEQ 2 as Administrator, EQPlayNice will have no effect on the games launched by Inner Space (because they are running as Administrator).

If you are not used to running WinEQ 2 as Administrator, then I would expect you to say exactly what you're saying now. Double check :)
<<

microbat

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi Lax, thanks for your help in the chat, and this thread was useful. I think I have this setup now although my gpu is still pumping out hot air. I used to run 18 clients on one PC using the old Titanium client for this game, but with this modern bloated EQ client my PC starts pumping out hot air like a jet engine once I reach 6 clients!

Anyway, I run WinEQ2 as admin and EQplaynice is working now. I have it set to work in CPU limiter mode, and I set the top box to 66 (which translates to about 45fps), and rendering limit 1. In the Background tab I have it as cpu limit 22, and rendering limit 55.

Then in ISboxer I have the fps limits turned off, but it is using cpu round robin.

Does that seem like a good setup?

Nice software btw.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:04 pm

You may end up with a quieter GPU if you turned off the new character models. It goes back to looking old school.
<<

microbat

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Yeah I currently have them enabled on my main character (I like to see the modern armor and I need it for the mount too), but then all the boxes are running a very low tech version of the game. Old models, stick figures, very low resolution, no effects, etc. Even like that it still pumps out a lot of heat. On Titanium I could have the same setup but with 10 more clients! There is something about the modern client that really wastes resources.

But if I can check that I have EQplaynice/isboxer setup well, at least I have done all I can do.
<<

microbat

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:40 am

Ok I can confirm this working really well now :)

I think yesterday my computer was so hot from playing the game all day without eqplaynice loaded, even once I enabled it, it took a while for everything to cool down. So today I am running it with the settings from my post above, and my fan doesn't even become audible, even with 8 clients loaded :D Thanks guys.

Return to EverQuest