FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Low frame rates all of a sudden in EQ1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

evanderx1

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 am

Low frame rates all of a sudden in EQ1

Hi Guys

I've been using a very simple set up boxing 4 toons in IS boxer, basically just making use of a couple of menu bars with hotkeys to operate the other toons and it has worked fairly well for me.

However in the last few days (soon after the last big EQ patch) the frame rates have dropped to the point the game is not playable in city zones or where ever there is much going on (e.g. the POK lag pile).

It seems to be memory related issue (or perhaps DirectX 12) because turning down the in-game display settings (such as clipping plane to minimum and switching off shadows etc ) definitely improves the frame rates but its not really feasible to play if you

It seems specific to using IS Boxer because when I load up a single session using Daybreak's launcher, no noticeable lag and I can even load up the 4 toons using WinEQ2 and again no noticeable lag even in busy zones.

I have a fairly up to date desktop computer, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16MB of RAM running Windows 10 and latest drivers and the most recent version of DirectX (12) so I'm a baffled as to what's going on (as the game played smoothly 4 boxing until fairly recently) so figured I'd check if anyone else experiencing really bad frame rates lately and if they've got any ideas where to start

In the meantime, I can use WinEQ2 to keep boxing my toons but after using IS Boxer for the last few months, definitely requires a lot more effort...

regards
<<

evanderx1

Post Tue May 02, 2017 4:32 am

Re: Low frame rates all of a sudden in EQ1

Managed to sort this out, no idea what the problem was but I basically deleted ISboxer, re-installed it and working fine now ...

Return to EverQuest