FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

aspect ratio stretches horizontaly when boxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tanked

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:40 pm

aspect ratio stretches horizontaly when boxing

I run windowed mode when playing eq without isboxer. isboxer seems to throw me out of windowed mode when it starts up. I havn't had a problem other than this.

I selected a 3 box setup that shows the taskbar. I do see the taskbar but player characters all look fat. They stretch horizontally and it detracts from the game for me. I ran EQ2 previously and did not have this problem. When I created my setup the isboxer suite asked when I exported the team if they should change my display to match recommended settings for EQ. I selected yes. How can I delete that because when I create a new team it never asks again.

I hope I am doing something minor wrong that I don't see and someone can point me in right direction to getting things looking correct in game.
<<

Tanked

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:18 am

Re: aspect ratio stretches horizontaly when boxing

The message I get when I export to Inner Space from the wizard is " Inner space needs windowed mode to run EQ ". Then it asks if isboxer should change that to windowed mode. I answered yes. I'll try again later and answer no. When I get in game using inner space I am full screen and not in windowed mode.

I checked EQCient.ini in the Daybreak EQ folder and windowed mode is set to true. When I don't use inner space eq is windowed.

It is an old game and I may have to live with this I guess. When I ran EQ2 the isboxer wizard had me in game and boxing in a snap. It was very easy.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 am

If you are having issues, then you can find the eqclient-charname.ini files (there will be one for each character in ISBoxer) and delete them (or move/rename them for testing purposes). EQ, IIRC, has A fullscreen setting, a Windowed setting, as then finally the resolution settings. The EQclient.ini file is the base settings when you are not using ISBoxer, or they are the settings that ISBoxer will copy from. When boxing, ISBoer virtualises this file, and it gets replaced with the per character copies (in the same folder as the original) - or at least it will if you have the virtual files configured, which you should do if you have run the Quick Setup Wizard and selected EQ as your game. You should let ISBoxer adjust the config files if it deems it necessary, because it probably needs to set the correct resolutions for the Window Layout.
<<

Tanked

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Yes I did have 2 ini files for each. The main character at first had windowed mode true but the the resolution settings were off from what IS boxer recommended. When I removed the ini file not generated by isboxer and made a new team the main character ini turned up windowed mode=false. I changed that to true and set the resolution to what isboxer recommended. Which was 1440 x 645.

The screen is still stretched horizontally slightly but it is much better than before. As I am at the recommended resolution now I don't think I can improve it further. Thanks for your help in getting me through this Bob.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:59 pm

The resolution numbers you have are a little out of the ordinary aspect ratio ranges and you may be just hitting some limits of what the game will actually render at. EQ is fairly old, so is going to like more "normal" settings, or reasonably close to a standard aspect ratio.

Return to EverQuest