FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Display Slot Lockup when zoning

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pheroux

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:45 am

Display Slot Lockup when zoning

Hi,

Recently, I used the quick setup wizard to re-create my setup because I upgraded my monitor/graphics card because my resolution changed. Now, whenever I zone in Everquest, my main display slot "locks up" until I'm finished zoning. Before, I used to be able to swap to another slot while zoning.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks,
<<

nyghteyes

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Re: Display Slot Lockup when zoning

I have the same issue and would like to see if there is something I can do about this. Its recent problem that didn't exist for me previously, I would say within the last month or so.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:29 pm

I believe when we worked out an answer to this question before, the simple workaround was to change the "global" setting on your per-Slot switching hotkeys. That is, if you're even using those? (Ctrl+Alt+1, Ctrl+Alt+2, etc?) This is a check box if you select your Character Set in the top left pane, and then the Slot numbers (e.g. 1, 2...) in the bottom left under Slots.

Otherwise, choosing a Window Layout where the windows are not changing in size when switching windows may help. This can be as simple as enabling the "Use Video FX" option in your Window Layout before selecting a style. (The Window Layout Wizard or the Quick Setup Wizard can do this for you.)
<<

nyghteyes

Post Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks will give it a shot! I use them exclusively.

Return to EverQuest