FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video FX Issues - EQ1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chuuk

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Video FX Issues - EQ1

Hello,

I'm new to ISBoxer so bear with me. I've been tinkering around with the program for a few days now and I've had a little help from some seasoned users and this particular issue has been able to stump them all.

I originally was attracted to ISBoxer because of the videos I've seen using the Video FX feature...being able to click buttons and see certain things from my other characters screens could prove to be eternally helpful. Clicking between windows has always been a pain for my 4-box.

Anyways, I setup the Video FX boxes as http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX <--- this Wiki link has shown. It worked great. I had my main character with 3 windows peering into my other 3-character's screens. This was all done last night.

Then, this morning, I tried to log my guys back on and lo and behold, they no longer show anything. The green boxes pop up when I have the ISBoxer Control Panel open, but they are completely not there when I close the control panel. I also cannot preview them by holding Ctrl when the Control Panel is open.

Any ideas? I couldn't find any other threads with this issue. Thank you!

- Chuuk
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Video FX Issues - EQ1

When you saved the VideoFX setup. What name did you give it? If it was not Auto then it wont "auto load". If it was something else, you should be able to select the settings from the drop down in the Control Panel and select Load.

They are tied to the Character Set name and Characters as well, so if you are on a different Character Set, or you have renamed the Characters, then they wont be there either. But, you can import them from a different Character Set by using the Import tab, and then once Imported, go back to the VideoFX tab, and use the Save As, calling it Auto.

<<

Chuuk

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the quick response!

I haven't changed anything really...character names are the same and I'm following the same method to create the windows. I did save the windows as "Test" but I must have accidentally clicked something and deleted the save set.

In any case, I tried many times to recreate new ones and they all show up with the green when the control panel is open and disappears when I close the panel. Same character names, same character set. I'm basically accepting that I need to start over and create new windows, but they come up green and do not link into the character's window. In short, I am doing the same exact things as when I successfully created them, only I must have accidentally done something in the ISBoxer Editor that made it screwy.
<<

bob

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Can't say I'm sure whats going on.
Normally you create the VideoFX Source first (if you are using the whole window of another game, then you don't need to, you can just use is1, is2, is3 etc as the names - the number being the slot number). Once created and positions, you then hit Apply on the Editor window. You can then goto the Viewer window, add a viewer. Select the source from the Name dropdown, position/size, then hit Apply. Finally you do the Save As to save it to file. While making the viewer, you can press the CTRL key to see if what it should look like from the source. If the source is not linking, then it wont change from the Green to the actual source.

Other choices might be that you are trying to put a source and a viewer on the same game window. For this, the behaviour is a little undefined as it sometimes does what is expected, but mostly the answer is you can't. If you have have ticked the option for that character for "VideoFX viewers stay when in background (blocks videofx sources)", this prevents sources from being on that window, so if you are trying to get a source from such a character, it wont work.

One thing to try might be to goto the InnerSpace\Scripts folder, and delete the ISBoxer.VideoFeeds.Charset.Charname.xml files. Reload your team and try it again.
<<

Chuuk

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:26 pm

So, long story short, I'm kind of an idiot.

Apparently, at some point, I changed something about my background and it kicked my PC out of "aero" mode...thus the Video FX windows didn't show anything but green.

Thanks for knocking some sense into me!
<<

bob

Post Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Super, glad you got that resolved. :).

As Aero can't really be turned off these days, unless you're on Win7 still, I wasn't considering that, although you can still disable Peek (or Aero Peek in the older releases), which will prevent VideoFX from working. I know on Win7 if you chose to use the Basic/Classic theme that would disable Aero. Not sure if that applies in Win8/10 (once I've activated, I'll try it out and report back if needs be).

Return to EverQuest