Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Showing Cast Bars Conditionally

Hi,

I am trying to setup VideoFX to show my cast bars on other windows conditionally but I'm having trouble figuring out logic for it. I am trying to get the casting bars to show/hide for the duration of the spell cast so it looks seamless on the clients (no holes).

My profile: http://pasted.co/eaadd55d

Explanation:

I have ATGs for various spells. The characters are assigned to the spells they are responsible for in the character set key map.
I also have virtualized class key maps assigned to my characters. These contain the mapped key for casting each spell.

So to cast a spell, I run the generic mapped key in the base class key map targeted at the members of the spell ATG.

This is where I run into problems. In EQ cast times vary widly due to item focuses. This effectively makes the casting time specific to each character, rather than just the class.

Now I also have virtualized character specific key maps, so to solve this, I tried setting up a mapped key to set the casting time under the character specific key map. I also setup a virtualized VideoFX key map for each slot (this is setup when the set is loaded). In the VideoFX slot key maps, I setup the Show/Hide actions for the casting bar viewers for each casting time as a 'Show Casting Viewer (x.x Seconds)' mapped key. There is also a 'Show Casting Viewer' mapped key (no casting time).
I duplicate and blank these in the base VideoFX key map.

These mapped keys are targeted at 'all other' (so they should run the Show/Hide key on each other client besides the source).

As part of the spell casting mapped key in the class key map, it calls the casting time mapped key in the character key map. Now this is likely the broken part:

This mapped key does a mapped key virtualization action to remap the base VideoFX 'Show Casting Viewer' to the base 'Showing Casting Viewer (x.x Seconds)' for whatever the desired casting time is.
The spell casting mapped key then calls the 'Show Casting Viewer' mapped key in the VideoFX key map.

When I try it, it seemingly just disappears into a black hole, can't get the actions to happen or popup texts to show. I don't think the virtualization chain makes sense but I'm running out of ideas to solve it.