FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer Interrupts Movement/Keyboard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DoHxBoY

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:41 am

ISBoxer Interrupts Movement/Keyboard

Hello Everyone,

I am "semi-new" to ISBoxer, have used it a tiny bit for PLing multiple accounts on WoW, but this is my first time using it for EQ.

I noticed a very annoying issue on both computers that I use.. for whatever reason, ISBoxer causes my movement to abruptly stop. I will be using WASD to move around, or even LMB+RMB, and my character will randomly stop dead in his tracks until I repress the movement key to reinitiate the movement.

I've asked the guild and one person spoke up and said they have the same issue; does anyone know what causes this and how we can fix it?

Multiple times I've had my forward movement halted and I'll go strafing off a bridge or get it from behind by all the mobs I'm running from.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Re: ISBoxer Interrupts Movement/Keyboard

I went ahead and moved this to the EQ1 section since this is the only report, and you say you apparently talked to someone else in EQ1 with the same issue. This is certainly not an issue in WoW or other games, unless it is something in the configuration.

does anyone know what causes this and how we can fix it?

As this is the first report, we have only your post to go on. I would usually assume it's related to a custom Hotkey assigned to the key(s) you're pressing, but you're also suggesting it happens when holding LMB/RMB, and I assume you haven't added Hotkeys for those even if you added WASD for some reason.

So I don't think that it is reasonable to assume it's your configuration. Just to be sure though, it would help to verify. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

I do think that it is reasonable to suppose it could be related to other software running on your PC. A compatibility diagnostic (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics) from ISBoxer's Help menu could help narrow that down. Of course, it goes without saying that if you have other EQ1-specific tools running, you should try without them to see if you get different behavior.
<<

DoHxBoY

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:22 am

lax wrote:I went ahead and moved this to the EQ1 section since this is the only report, and you say you apparently talked to someone else in EQ1 with the same issue. This is certainly not an issue in WoW or other games, unless it is something in the configuration.

does anyone know what causes this and how we can fix it?

As this is the first report, we have only your post to go on. I would usually assume it's related to a custom Hotkey assigned to the key(s) you're pressing, but you're also suggesting it happens when holding LMB/RMB, and I assume you haven't added Hotkeys for those even if you added WASD for some reason.

So I don't think that it is reasonable to assume it's your configuration. Just to be sure though, it would help to verify. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

I do think that it is reasonable to suppose it could be related to other software running on your PC. A compatibility diagnostic (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics) from ISBoxer's Help menu could help narrow that down. Of course, it goes without saying that if you have other EQ1-specific tools running, you should try without them to see if you get different behavior.

Thank you for moving it and sorry for posting it in the wrong place! :D

Also, sorry for the delayed response, I had a chance to test some things out today and figured out the culprit.

It was in fact the cause of another EQ1 specific tool, specifically it's function to flash the EQ window/taskbar icon when you receive a /tell. Every time it would flash, it would interrupt the current input. So when I received a /tell, I would have to either way until it stopped flashing, or repress whatever keys for all 4 times it flashed.

This Flash on /Tells function ONLY interrupts input while using ISBoxer and does not happen using a stand alone window. Any way I can get this function to play nice with ISBoxer?

Thanks in advance!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:48 am

Well, it sounds like what that program is trying to do is activate the window, but because the program is not being interacted with at the time Windows has the taskbar button flash instead. I believe the activating the window part is what breaks your input with Inner Space/ISBoxer.

The program could be modified to use FlashWindowEx (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679347(VS.85).aspx) instead of SetForegroundWindow. FlashWindowEx makes it flash without affecting the active state of the window, which should correct the input issue.
<<

DoHxBoY

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 am

lax wrote:Well, it sounds like what that program is trying to do is activate the window, but because the program is not being interacted with at the time Windows has the taskbar button flash instead. I believe the activating the window part is what breaks your input with Inner Space/ISBoxer.

The program could be modified to use FlashWindowEx (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms679347(VS.85).aspx) instead of SetForegroundWindow. FlashWindowEx makes it flash without affecting the active state of the window, which should correct the input issue.

I am sorry for being so non-specific, as I am not sure if were are allowed to mention other programs.. But the program is actually MQ2.. aren't you a developer of MQ2 as well? :lol:

If this is indeed something that needs to be changed in MQ2, and not ISBoxer, who could I submit the bug/compatibility issue to? Or is it something that the end user could change post-compile?

I love the flash on tell function for when I am not actively looking at the game, but it is terrible when I am actively playing/typing. I'd love for MQ2/ISBoxer to both play nice in the sandbox :D

Return to EverQuest