FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Personalized click bar disappeared from ingame dropdown

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dawson70

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Personalized click bar disappeared from ingame dropdown

Last night (and tonight) I logged in with my 2 man and the drop down menu only shows Auto. The day before it had my test click bar as an option. My 7 day trial is good until tomorrow night, so I don't think that's the issue, but it was working the night before when I logged out. Any idea what may have caused it? I've been hacking around the software trying to get my mage to follow me and maybe I set something wrong. I attached my file for review.

Thanks in advance:)
Attachments
EQ Test.xml
(463.07 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Personalized click bar disappeared from ingame dropdown

When you say "drop down menu only shows Auto," I'll assume you're referring to the in-game GUI, correct? If so, none of that is stored in ISBoxer, but rather in the /Scripts/ folder where Inner Space is installed. If you changed the name of your Character Set while making changes, then that's why it's no longer listed, but you can look in the Scripts folder to see if the ClickBars file you're referring to is still there (it should be), and, if so, make sure that its name matches the current name of your Character Set (it should be easy to understand the naming scheme used).
<<

dawson70

Post Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Thanks for the help.

I found the script folder you were talking about and I see what looks like the click bars I want to be able to select in game thru the GUI. However the only option that shows up in the drop down list is still just Auto. I didn't change the name of my character set. I merely logged back in after an evening when ISBoxer worked. Tonight I copied my click bar as well as made a new one in the hopes that something would show up in-game with no luck.

I'm going to attach some files for review. If you look thru the click bar file you will see "test" referenced throughout. I'm about out of time on my trial. If I can get it to work to bot my mage I have no problems with subscribing. When it was working it made 2 boxing a lot easier.
Attachments
scripts.jpg
scripts.jpg (114.36 KiB) Viewed 13299 times
ISBoxerToolkit.ClickBars.XML
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:00 am

The item you've highlighted is the definition for all clickbars, copying that or renaming it to a specific character will not make things any better.

The items named like "ISBoxer.Clickbars.EQ Test.Eyesore (firona)" or more generically "ISBoxer.Clickbars.CHARSETNAME.CHARNAME" are the ones which hold the definition of the click bar set, for a specific character. These are the ones which will have the definition of the names, like Auto or others you have created. If you have renamed the character set, or the characters in the nodes in ISBoxer, then these will no longer appear because the character set/character name will no longer match. If you have removed the Clickbar set by selecting it, then hitting the Remove button, then it will also not appear for that character.

If you have a new character set/character and you want to use a previously defined clickbar set, you can use the Import tab (on the far right of the in game ISBoxer GUI), and select Click Bar Positions, and then an existing set of clickbar definitions to load.

Failing that, you can make a new definition in the GUI by hitting the Show All button, closing any clickbars you don't want in the set (the x in the top right of each click bar), and then Save As a new set name (or Auto if you want then to auto load when your character set starts up).

It would be better to see the whole profile, rather than just the clickbar file, as this will show what is linked to the character set/characters and what is not. The other part is also the "ISBoxer.Clickbars.CHARSETNAME.CHARNAME" files. These files can be deleted if you are having issues with clickbars not showing up. They will go back to the original positioning and you will lose the named sets (the things in the drop down you are looking for), but it will stop the hiding of clickbars not defined in the set. The positioning and display of appropriate bars can be corrected as above by creating a new definition.
<<

dawson70

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I appreciate your help. Unfortunately my trial period has expired so I won't be able to try fixing my issues.

Kinda bummed since I had it working for a couple days. As unstable as it has become I can't see buying in.
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:39 am

dawson70 wrote: Unfortunately my trial period has expired so I won't be able to try fixing my issues.
You could try asking Lax for an extension. He's usually pretty good about it if there is a valid reason and people aren't trying to rip him off.

dawson70 wrote:Kinda bummed since I had it working for a couple days. As unstable as it has become I can't see buying in.
I have to say I've not found it unstable at all in the last 4/5 years. Yep, when games get patched there can be the odd issue, but they tend to get resolved quickly when notified, but as for the ISBoxer profile config, I've found it always does what I configure it to do, whether I have done a wonderful job with it, or screwed it up completely.

Sometimes there is the odd hiccup with the toolkit, but these tend to be fairly rare, and again, are fixed pretty quickly when found. It just may be unfortunate coincidence that you have joined up during a reasonably sized revamp of some of the default configuration, in which there are a few items which are being fixed up when found; but even that said, the configuration it puts out currently is going to be correct 99.5% of the time.
<<

dawson70

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Once again thank you for your help. By unstable I mean my ability to make the software do what I want. I can tell it is quite powerful in the right hands.

I didn't know that asking for an extension was an option. I would start from scratch if given the opportunity. I'm sure the problem is between my chair and the monitor if you know what I mean.

How would I go about asking for an extension?
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:07 am

email to lax@lavishsoft.com is probably the easiest, along with a reference to this thread, and any other reasoning you think relevant.

Return to EverQuest