FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Number keys repeating twice?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

obsessedavenger

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:28 pm

Number keys repeating twice?

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that I don't know how to resolve. In EQ, my keys seem to repeat twice. I have broadcasting turned off. For example, when I make a macro for example "/cast 1", when I type "1", it types it twice. Which comes out as "/cast 11". It seems like ISBoxer is repeating the key. I see this occurring when I place the "Rest" button that EQ presets for you on the hotbars for my box team. My box team all sit and then stand right up again.

Can anyone please tell me where I can fix this repeating action in ISBoxer? Thank you.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Number keys repeating twice?

It would help to see your profile.
<<

obsessedavenger

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:29 pm

http://pastebin.com/eWX8anev

Here it is. Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:47 pm

You say that broadcasting is off, but do you mean Key Maps? I don't see anything in your profile which would indicate anything from ISBoxer is getting passed to the game client(s) if Key Maps were, in fact, disabled. Again, you mention that broadcasting is off, which is should be for normal gameplay, but are Key Maps disabled?

The problem I see, and it's related to the problem you're describing, is that with Key Maps enabled, two of your Character Sets are assigned both the Standard Menu, which sends 1 through = to each game client, as well as the Combat Key Map, which also sends 1 through = to each game client. So, if Key Maps were enabled, you'd definitely be seeing two of every number/symbol from the number row being sent.

The easiest way to fix that would be to remove the Standard Menu from those two Character Sets as you have with the other, but if you wanted to keep the Standard Menu as an overlay on your hot bars, then you could remove the Combat Key Map and blacklist it in the settings of those two particular Character Sets (Character Set > Key Map White/Black List).

However, and again, this would be eliminating the issue if Key Maps were enabled. Perhaps someone with some actual EQ1 experience can chime in and say if this is odd behavior they've seen before?
<<

obsessedavenger

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Fast response, Mirai thanks! I think I would like to remove the Standard Menu. Where would I look to do that in ISBoxer?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:21 pm

obsessedavenger wrote:Fast response, Mirai thanks! I think I would like to remove the Standard Menu. Where would I look to do that in ISBoxer?

One way is to simply select your Character Set in the upper left pane, and in the lower left, click on the word "Standard" under the Menu section, and press the delete key on your keyboard.

Return to EverQuest