FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is it possible to activate only specific hotkeys ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Adonhiram

Post Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:52 am

Is it possible to activate only specific hotkeys ?

Hello again,

IS Boxer comes with a default Key Maps configuration where, when Key Maps is turned on, EQ's hotkeys from the first hotkeys page are pressed when you press them on any of your characters. I suppose this is the case because I used the Wizard to set up my characters sets, being still pretty inexperienced with IS Boxer.

I would like to know if I can customize this, as I want to select which hotbuttons to be activated, to give you an example the hotbutton 1 (each character has a nuke hotkeyed there in EQ), the hotbutton 3 (each character has a beneficial buff hotkeyed there), the hotbutton = (druid has snare hotkeyed there, chanter has Tash, mage has nothing but am considering putting the malo line there). But I don't wish the other hotbuttons of the first hotkey page to be linked together. Is that possible ?

Would it also be possible, while Key Maps is turned on, to configure a hotkey to be linked on two specific characters but not the rest of the team ? As a speaking example, mage, druid and shadowknight have "pet back off" hotkeyed on 4, but chanter has a macro on hotbutton 4 for aoe stun and appropriate message. Obviously, when I want the pets to back off, I don't want the chanter to aoe stun.

I know I could leave some hotkeys empty, but that's not satisfying when the corresponding character is not in my usual box crew, but joins guildies or friends to group with them, and it would eat much more screen space as I would need to open additional hotbutton pages and link the usual 1 to = [NOTE : I have a french AZERTY keyboard, so the last button of the first keyboard line is the '='] keys to them.

Thank you if you know the answer ;-)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Is it possible to activate only specific hotkeys ?

You can use the mapped key wizard, to create whatever hotkeys/actions on those hotkeys you like. You can also create mapped keys manually which provides a bit more customisation and options for actions. There is also a link on the mapped key page to the mapped key 101 video. I suggest watching it.

If you happen to be using menus (the green boxes), then you can customise that too. Standard Hotkey set are the hotkeys associated with the menu. The button numbers on the left, the hotkeys on the right. The Standard Button Set will be what you are using, and each button defines what is sent to the game. Customisation is a simple right click away. To create more, You can always follow this video.

Finally. To have different targets do different things, or even nothing at all. You can use a custom target for an action in a mapped key. The easiest are action target groups, or you can get advanced.
<<

Adonhiram

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:58 am

Re: Is it possible to activate only specific hotkeys ?

Thanks a lot :-) I already followed your instructions and found the standard hotkey set, I'll just disable for now the hotkeys I want to stay isolated. I'll watch the videos later on too. Thank you for your help

Return to EverQuest