FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to avoid broadcasting when typing in the chat bar ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Adonhiram

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:51 am

How to avoid broadcasting when typing in the chat bar ?

Elemental Greetings, fellow boxers !

I have been using IS Boxer now for several months as I started the evil path of boxing (on a small level though, driving a 4-men crew with my mage as main slot) ! To be honest, I use only the very basic functions of IS Boxer (windows layout and straight broadcasted keys) but the job seems to be done, for now at least.

However, I always run into the same problem and I don't know how to solve it :

Straight broadcasted keys I have made still fire off when typing in Everquest's chat bar. To give you an example, I have a macro ingame on my mage to assist my chanter and send his pet. That macro is keyed SHIFT + G ingame (because the chanter's name is Gourdepoule) ; I made in IS Boxer a straight broadcasted key SHIFT + G so I can issue the command from any active character. But when I type a capital "G" in the game's chatbar, the command is still broadcasted which can have unexpected consequences (the pet will attack what Gourde has on target or, if the chanter is not in zone, what the mage has on target).

Is there a way to make IS Boxer understand not do so when you are just typing text in your chatbar ?

Thank you if you have any input and my apologies if my question is a bit noobish in the IS Boxer universe ;-)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:17 am

Re: How to avoid broadcasting when typing in the chat bar ?

There is no way for ISBoxer to automatically recognize you are typing in the chat bar or another in-game GUI box, versus pressing the game's hotkeys.

There are two easy ways to solve the problem:
1. Assign a different Hotkey -- for example you can press Alt+G to have it broadcast Shift+G. It does not need to match the key sent!

2. Temporarily turn off Hotkeys with Shift+Alt+M (assuming you've put your Mapped Key in a Key Map that gets toggled)
<<

Adonhiram

Post Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:08 am

Re: How to avoid broadcasting when typing in the chat bar ?

Thank you very much for your clear and quick answer !

Return to EverQuest