FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Blank Screen Issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Blank Screen Issues

Thanx Miss T. At least that is a second confirmation. It is always hard to know when there is only 1 report, whether it is localised or not, especially when it involves other changes.
Surprised it has taken this long to get a second though.

Still, probably be useful to get the information asked for. It is the normal starting point.

Also, have you tried backuping up/deleting your eqclient-charname.ini files? See if letting them create resolves the issue?. I don't have access to my EQ install to test right now.
<<

Rickey Snakes

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:46 pm

I load 5 and have had no problems. Also, there was a gpu driver update the 15 of this month.
<<

MissTerious

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:00 pm

GPU driver makes sense.

It didn't bother me because normally, when I'm loading a bunch, and I go to click off the broadcasting, it blinks through the other screens randomly. It stopped that when it stopped loading the child screens.

Today, I have not seen that reloading blinking thing. I'll let you know when I zone.
<<

MissTerious

Post Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Update

Mine is not redrawing when I zone today.
<<

Fixxer

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:34 am

Ok... I waited for additional updates to happen to see if that resolved the problem. Both my video driver was updated and isboxer as well.

If I run everquest.exe with my built in video card, everything runs fine (but slow because it's not as powerful). If I attempt to change things to use my NVidia card, what happens is that the game opens up in some sort of default location, and when isboxer corrects the location according to the region settings in window layout, the screen goes blank.

Things are still clickable and can be navigated with both mouse and keyboard, but you can't see anything but a blank window where the game should be. The game runs perfectly if I don't use isboxer.

I'm at a total loss... My integrated video card is not powerful enough to run my characters on one machine... :(

Alienware M17x r4, running 64-bit Windows 10 with an NVidia GTX-675M video card, and the latest drivers.

In addition, I don't know if it is related... But my GPU temp sensors are no longer monitoring the GPU temp.
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:16 am

This is probably due to a long running battle with Optimus laptops, and possibly dual graphics enabled desktops (I've not tested recently).

ISBoxer 42 has an option in the Window Layout Wizard or the Quick Setup Wizard on the appropriate page, to use a VideoFX layout. This was created to work around the issues with Optimus.

<<

Fixxer

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:20 am

How do I change that on a window layout that I already have in place?
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:35 am

You can't really. There is an option for VideoFX on an existing Window Layout, but it does not setup the other items needed by a VideoFX layout (more specifically, adding of the dxnothing character with the appropriate names used by the auto videofx layout, so this option is really so you can disable the use of VideoFX on a layout previously created using a wizard.

You really need to use one of the Wizards (the Window Layout Wizard from the Wizards menu is probably the easiest for an existing character set), create a window layout selecting that option (one that is close to what you want), and then go ahead and adjust any specific sizing of regions in the new layout afterwards.
<<

Fixxer

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Ok. I did that... Created a brand new window layout... Still does the same thing... However, if I create a new window layout, selecting "No Window Layout" within the wizard, it doesn't adjust the location of the window and appears to work fine. It's at that moment where the window is repositioned on the screen where things go wrong.
<<

bob

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 pm

That would be odd that it is not working when using VideoFX.

You will need to share your config I think.
PreviousNext

Return to EverQuest