FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Horrible Lag Problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

arcburn40

Post Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Horrible Lag Problem

Hi all I just recently re-subbed to lavish software after deciding to start 6 boxing everquest again .

But I seem to be having a problem - when all 6 instances load ( duel monitor ) 5 on one , and 1 on the main - the main screen runs extremely well but the other 5 are having horrible lag ( the characters will just stutter around and you cant even really see whats on the screens ). Now I can turn off wineq2 and I have no problems with lag what so ever , I will load up all 6 accounts and it runs very smooth.

When wineq2 is loaded I can even load up 1 eq account and if I say click a web-site or anything on the other monitor the lag on the eq account is unbearable.

As I had stated I used to run wineq2 with 6 accounts a few years ago and I never had this problem then - everything ran extremely smooth - does anyone happen to have an idea why this would be happening to me now ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Horrible Lag Problem

Isn't what you're describing a feature of WinEQ2? Unless I'm mistaken, and I may very well be, WinEQ2 is limiting the framerate of the game so that you're able to drop it lower than you normally can because follow distance is based on FPS in EverQuest.

Straight from the documentation:

EQPlayNice provides the following utility and features:

· Reduces the amount of processing time dedicated to EverQuest without ruining the foreground window's frame rate.
· NOTE: If render limiting is on, the display will "flicker", so this is only good for background windows
· Rendering the world takes approximately 50% of the CPU time used every frame.
· Works on all instances of EverQuest running on your machine.

There are several other areas of the documentation which refer to render limiting, as well.
<<

arcburn40

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Yes i understand exactly what you are saying about the FPS being throttled in the box windows while allowing your main screen the ability to maintain a higher FPS . Thats not what i meant to portray in the origional post .

I'm saying that in the 5 smaller boxed windows on the 2nd monitor you cant even make out which character is in which box the graphics are so skewed and the stuttering is horrible .

I ran a full 6 box with this same exact program a few years ago and i know exactly what you mean about the little stutter you do get but you could at least see what each toon was at least doing .

I even went in and turned off the FPS throttling and this did nothing to help the situation at all and im not exactly sure what i should look into to fix this problem
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:28 pm

Are both monitors being driven by the same graphics card?

The usual place to start is monitoring your hardware. http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_you ... ottlenecks
If it is not hardware limits, then the next place would be to look at the other software you have on your system. Various other software components will cause issues. Raptr is a known one, GeForce Experience less so, although it can "auto tweak" graphics settings, which is not ideal for multiboxing. Any other software with overlays, or anything that happens to be in the graphics pipeline (various screen capture software can cause issues here). Also ASUS sonic suite has been known to cause problems.

If you happen to have ISBoxer, then a diagnostic for crashes would be helpful (despite the lack of crashing)...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:16 am

arcburn40 wrote:Yes i understand exactly what you are saying about the FPS being throttled in the box windows while allowing your main screen the ability to maintain a higher FPS . Thats not what i meant to portray in the origional post.

This is what you said in your original post:

arcburn40 wrote:But I seem to be having a problem - when all 6 instances load ( duel monitor ) 5 on one , and 1 on the main - the main screen runs extremely well but the other 5 are having horrible lag ( the characters will just stutter around and you cant even really see whats on the screens ). Now I can turn off wineq2 and I have no problems with lag what so ever , I will load up all 6 accounts and it runs very smooth.

When wineq2 is loaded I can even load up 1 eq account and if I say click a web-site or anything on the other monitor the lag on the eq account is unbearable.

As I had stated I used to run wineq2 with 6 accounts a few years ago and I never had this problem then - everything ran extremely smooth - does anyone happen to have an idea why this would be happening to me now ?

I'm not trying to be a dick because I'm slightly confused, but just to be clear this is the ISBoxer forum and most people here are only here to help with ISBoxer issues. Is the issue you're experiencing with ISBoxer, or is this is a problem with WinEQ2 specifically that you're trying to fix? If it's a problem with WinEQ2, then this is sort of the wrong place to be asking questions about it.

arcburn40 wrote:I even went in and turned off the FPS throttling and this did nothing to help the situation at all and im not exactly sure what i should look into to fix this problem

If shutting down WinEQ2 solves the problem, then I would suggest shutting down WinEQ2. Are there specific features to WinEQ2 that you require which ISBoxer doesn't provide?

Return to EverQuest