FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

unable to get casters to perform actions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ursidae

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:16 pm

unable to get casters to perform actions

I have been playing with ISBoxer for about a week now. Have probably watched more tutorial videos and read more set up guides than are really good for me and I am still having a heck of a time getting my casters to actually cast. I downloaded Firescue17's template, which gave me a great starting off point. I configured follow and assist and even melee combat without too much hassle but now... I can't seem to get any caster to cast. I have tried the /cast spellset strings that came with the template as a 'Do Key Mapped' action, and I have tried plugging the string right into the character set action and I am not seeing the spell even fire off. I am positive that I have missed one of the myriad important steps in setting up or configuring and would really appreciate ANY help at this point. Here is my Toolkit Profile. Any tips and information would be appreciated, I am at a stand still right now.

Thanks,
Ursidae

Edit 1: Found a text hosting site, insert link to toolkit profile
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: unable to get casters to perform actions

Did you check the checkbox "Fill Windows Clipboard with the Text for Pasting later with Ctrl+V"? This is in the lower right pane of the ISB Toolkit.

FWIW, I moved away from spelling out "Cast #" and other COMBAT commands due to the auto-run / auto-swim bug from using "/" and a movement command at the same time. Regardless, you still need to find out why copy and paste is not working for you since it is awesome for typing out longer, non-combat /socials.
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Ursidae wrote:Here is my Toolkit Profile. Any tips and information would be appreciated, I am at a stand still right now.

Thanks,
Ursidae

Edit 1: Found a text hosting site, insert link to toolkit profile

And... it's truncated and missing some unknown amount. It also makes it invalid for pasting back into ISBoxer so it can be viewed and read through.
<<

Ursidae

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Thanks for the timely response. I was worried that this community had gone inactive. I am happy that I was wrong.

@Bob I didn't even notice the truncation. I thought I had found a place to share. If you have any suggestions I would be happy to upload to a new site for review.

@Firescue17 I am having a difficult time locating the check box for 'Fill Windows Clipboard....' can you clarify for me which tab I will be in for the top-left and bottom-left panes please? if I am understanding correctly the '/cast 1' strings are less than optimal? What do you use instead? A defined keystroke?

Thanks for your time and help. I really respect the four of you (Firescue17, Bob, MiRai, and Lax) for the work you all put into this tool and the help you give.
<<

firescue17

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Ursidae wrote:I was worried that this community had gone inactive. I am happy that I was wrong.

I'm sure there's still a lot of EQ ISBoxers but there haven't been any groundbreaking changes to the gameplay for a long time. Aside from personal tweaks and preferences, everything is well documented in some manner.

Ursidae wrote:if I am understanding correctly the '/cast 1' strings are less than optimal? What do you use instead? A defined keystroke?

I went back to sending a Keybind to a Hotbutton or the Spellbar for combat actions to avoid the spin bug during rapid-fire keypresses. I still type out tons of maintenance socials - /assist <name>, /follow, /disband, /raidinvite <name>, etc.

Ursidae wrote:@Firescue17 I am having a difficult time locating the check box for 'Fill Windows Clipboard....' can you clarify for me which tab I will be in for the top-left and bottom-left panes please?

See the lower-right corner of Image 01 in this thread.

Return to EverQuest