FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Movment Done DPS TIME

Moderator: MiRai

<<

aiedz

Post Fri May 15, 2015 1:24 pm

Movment Done DPS TIME

I am not entirely sure this is strictly an ISBOxer question, and i am mostly typing this out to get it out of my head and onto "paper" feed back would be nice :P

So, i am going over firescue17's template, while I am trying to figure out how to do rotations. I can not decide if its better to use ISBoxer with / commands or to make in-game macro's, or a combination of both. This is obviously trival for a few mage/wizard boxers, just send /cast big_nuke_01 once every mob and /pet attack. I am more worried about the tank using skills and the healer.

I guess it would be better to use the same tactic i used for the /invite and /follow and /target commands to other screens, but just have a binding at the character level set spaming the keys for the tank from whatever window i happen to be on at the time?

In the template there is the SPELLS key map which basically has /cast 1-13, i assume i can virtulaize this, then make key bindings global so no matter what window i am in ctl+1 will send /cast 1 to slot 1 and alt+2 will send /cast 2 to slot 5 etc etc, but this is a quick way to run out of binds, is there a way to build logic that says "ctl+1 sends /cast 1 to slotx unless current window is slotx, if it slot x = source-> send /cat 1 to slot y"

How do you keep melee on a target with this, are you more or less forced to make the melee your driving window, what if you have more than one melee?

Sorry for all the noob questions that are barely coherent, mostly getting thoughts on paper and seeing if you guys have a super special awesome way to handle the rotations, or some sweet in game macro's could you share them here?
<<

aiedz

Post Sat May 16, 2015 8:46 am

Re: Movment Done DPS TIME

okay, so i have looked at this, and i think what im going to do is virtual-ize my key presses:

keymap StandardCombat:
do Cast 01 in 199: Spellcasting Key Map -> current boxes

******** I have my cleric, who is in the ATG CLASS->CLR and in the CLASS_TEMPLATE -> CLASS-CLR *********************

under CLASS-CLR:
keymap SetHealButton:
Do Control: Target Me in ATG MA
StandardCombat in 000:HotKeys is now Cast 01 in 199:Spellcasting Key Map -> Class-CLR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this works great so far, but i have a few issues with it, mainly that the MA has to be in the ATG->MA, or this won't work and it is pretty hard to heal other people in the group

So i have a few questions:
1: Can i set a hotkey to swap people in and out of an ATG on the fly? How is this done?
2: Is there a way inside of EQ to say "after current action is done, do this", like you can with the shift key in DOTA or League (after this spell cast, sit down)?
3: My spoon is to big.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Movment Done DPS TIME

There is a Target Group Action you can use to swap people in and out of groups. I use a fairly hefty menu to be able to click them in and out of groups so I don't have to remember keys. It's ugly, but it works. http://imgur.com/JIQsrRx.

Usually the trick with healing is not to have your characters on Assist+Combat type setups. Assist you use as a separate hotkey to the DPS. That way you get the benefit of your active toon can change target without all the numpty's doing it too, unless you really want them too. If you get really fancy you can split your group with this too, although it requires you to be able to remember who is assigned where, and usually you need to a split group key, along with two different keys to set assists (or a modifier like CTRL). With the healer, I setup clickbars (actually I use keys for this too, but I use the clickbars for targeting purposes), and drop the healer out of the main assist group for the most part.

Simple Clickbars
Advanced Clickbars

I'm in the process of migrating this to a menu as this is the way of the future, although in reality I'm hoping that ISboxer2 (coming SoonTM)will make it easier to package.

Return to EverQuest