FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IsBoxing a druid - What would you do differently?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

oldgoat

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:16 pm

IsBoxing a druid - What would you do differently?

My druid is always grouped With a Warrior and a cleric, so healing is of little concern to her.

I typically use 3 buttons from IsBoxer With the druid in the background, rendering between 12 and 20k dps.

Button 1:
Code:
/pause 3,/assist <<character>>
/pause 15,/cast 1   (Lustrous Frost)
/pause 20,/alt act 935  (Blessing of Ro)
/pause 20,/cast 2 (Sunblaze)
/pause 36,/cast 3 (Anabatic Roar)

Button 2:
Code:
/pause 15,/alt act 3728 (Storm Strike)
/pause 22,/cast 4 (Nature's Wilthering Wrath)
/pause 20,/alt act 8603 (Spirits of Nature, 10m cooldown)
/pause 36,/cast 5 (Roar of Kolos)
/sit

Button 3:
Code:
/pause 17,/cast 6 (Remote Sunflash)
/pause 15,/alt act 3728 (Storm Strike again)
/pause 36,/cast 3 (Anabatic Roar)
/pause 37,/cast 4 (Nature's Wilthering Wrath)

Button 4:
Code:
/pause 1,/cast 3 (Anabatic Roar)
/pause 1,/cast 2 (Sunblaze)
/pause 36,/cast 11 (Gelid Crystals)
/pause 37,/alt act 15073 (Banestrike)
/sit

Button 3 is rarely used, because mob is dead after the first two, so I usually use Button 4 instead of 3. I use IsBoxer to key these buttons to numpad 1-4.

What I need tips on
This setup is good for grinding trash mobs and HA's in Dead Hills, however, it does not do anything particular for named mobs. If you were to fight a named and want Your druid dps at Maximum, what macros would you add and why?

Do you see anything that I should do differently?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Re: IsBoxing a druid - What would you do differently?

Every single one of these posts, your character is locked into a social for 30 seconds to 1 minute unless you tab over and right click to cancel it. I strongly suspect your alt-tabbing and manually pushing one of those 4 buttons on each character.

I would break every single one of those /socials into a separate step:

Line 1: /stand
Line 2: [do something here: /alt act; /disc; /doability, etc.]

Then use multi-step Mapped Keys to build discreet DPS Rorations for each Character.
Last edited by firescue17 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

oldgoat

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:28 am

Hi, and thanks!

Yes, after setting all of this up, I read Your tutorial and have really started to rethink how I use IsBoxer.
I'm currently working on the druid's dps rotation, and hope to be able to post questions about it as I go :)
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:46 am

oldgoat wrote:I read Your tutorial and have really started to rethink how I use IsBoxer.

This is really the key. ISBoxer changes the whole paradigm of boxing. I'm 9 boxing EQ now; 5 melee in Group 1 and 4 casters in Group 2. If you watch any videos made by big boxers; mine, Mirai, and Pinkskull the Multiboxer's 40 and 50 characters, we never switch off the Lead / Main character during combat.

Generally, a DPS rotation consists of a single Spam key, and various toggles to switch DPS to Heals; Melee DPS to Ranged DPS; Single target DPS to AoE DPS; etc. Just mash the Spam key over and over; Do Mapped Key DPS Rotation -> All.

At which point DPS Rotation is filtered on a per Character basis by Action Timer Groups, Round-Robins, and Disabling / Enabling Mapped Keys, Mapped Key Steps, or entire Key Maps.
<<

oldgoat

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:50 am

How would you reset it all ?

Say I have a fairly long rotation on necro for example, where you can get up to 27-step rotations, if the mob is dead at step 18, is there a way for me to tell isboxer to reset to blank?
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:48 am

Sure. Tie the reset into your assist key. Every time you /assist you reset to Step 1, re-enable the disabled Mapped Key Steps, or whatever action is needed to start the rotation over again.

My Assist Reset is as follows:

The following happens every single time I /assist:

BRD: (Not Shown) Starts a new /melody;
CLR: Casts a new pet hammer, casts a new damage shield and reverse damage shield;
DRU: Resets the DoT Rotation for both Fire and Magic DoT Rotations and the appropriate Cold or Fire Debuff;
ENC: Resets the DoT Rotation, tash, and slow;
MAG: (Not Shown) Resets the Malos Debuff;
RNG: Resets the DoT Rotation;
SHK: Resets the DoT Rotation for both Corruption and Poison DoTs;
SHM: Resets the DoT Rotation for Disease, Magic, and Poison Dots; Resets the Malos Debuff

All this crap happens in the background upon every /assist. Generally, /assist means you're a fighting a new mob. Some spells are prematurely reset if I'm toggling back and forth between two mobs, where an /assist reset doesn't necessarily mean the other mob is dead. However, my DPS Rotations are built such that the best abilities are at the top. Even if a Debuff or DoT is prematurely refreshed, it's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

Return to EverQuest