FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IsBoxer Disconnect with the new patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ThatISboxerguy

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 am

IsBoxer Disconnect with the new patch

Currently I am able to pass through the server select screen on all three of my different computers with Isboxer but I receive the generic 'You have been disconnected' error before I reach my character select screen. I am, however, able to log in to the game normally on each computer and to the characters and play, I only receive this error when using isboxer. It is new with this patch and Isboxer worked just dandy before.

Just figured I would bring this to someone's attention or to see if anyone else had a similar issue with EQ after the patch today.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: IsBoxer Disconnect with the new patch

Sounds like you have more than one EverQuest folder, and ISBoxer is pointing to a different one than you are patching normally
<<

ThatISboxerguy

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:21 pm

lax wrote:Sounds like you have more than one EverQuest folder, and ISBoxer is pointing to a different one than you are patching normally

I definitely don't have two EQ folders, but ISboxer does create 'other files' when it launches for each character, I know they're another .ini file and they wouldn't have updated with the patch (whereas others might have), I will try deleting them since the settings are universal across all of them and see if that fixes it. Another issue that someone brought up is it could be a resolution problem, I did notice Isboxer asked me if i would like to allow it to change the resolution to EQ when i booted it up after the patch, which was strange, since I told it no before - it just decided to ask again for the first time in months. It wouldn't let me enter the game by clicking no (never had that problem before) so i clicked yes and now have this issue, it could be related.
<<

ThatISboxerguy

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:28 pm

It works fine now, i didn't even have to do anything so I blame the entire issue on being too impatient after a patch to get back in game and box stuff =P

Return to EverQuest