FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater Regions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lazerous66

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:45 am

Repeater Regions

So I've graduated to repeater regions and im not really sure what they are trying to accomplish. Are they supposed to act like videofx and give you a visual reference from another toon that you can interact with? I've setup both target and "viewer" boxes and I still can't make heads or tails of it. Once I close gui all reference to the regions disappear. thanks in advance.

l
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:18 am

Re: Repeater Regions

They're regions where the mouse (and keyboard modifiers shift/alt/ctrl) automatically broadcasts to the same spot in other windows. Or, if you give it a "Name", it broadcasts to the spot with this given "Name" in all windows. (otherwise, leave this box blank)

It's like a Video FX window, without the Video FX. (Repeater Regions came first; Video FX is built on top of Repeater Regions and just adds video.) You see nothing when you close the GUI because its job is mostly to just stay out of your way; so it is just a mostly-transparent gray box.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Repeater Regions

If you're using regions, which are scaled down... video fx look wrong.
Because of the scaling.

You can still use a Repeater Region to broadcast the mouse actions (with certain keystroke modifiers).
The broadcast is auto enabled, when entering the region and auto disabled when leaving.
So you don't need to turn Repeater/Broadcasting on and off, manually.

A good use for a Repeater Region is over a Grid/Healbot/Vuhdo like frame.
You can then access the healer's addon for healing from anyone's window.
KVM allows the click to not occur in the main window, only in the destination window.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to EverQuest