FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ Interact with Target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Maglc

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:57 am

EQ Interact with Target

is there any tutorials how to use this feature on eq?
<<

Maglc

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:59 am

Re: EQ Interact with Target

man i thought i had the hang of it but. i just dont get it. ugh
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 am

I don't think EverQuest has ever had this feature? Unless they add it, you can't use it
<<

Maglc

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:23 pm

dam well how to multibox and quest in eq?
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 pm

/assist and /target
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Most people seem to either 2-box, 3-box, or 6-box.

If you're playing less than a full group of six, you can supplement your team with Mercenaries (up to a maximum of 6 in a group).
2-Boxing means two characters, with up to two mercenaries each.
3-Boxing means three characters, with up to three mercenaries each.
6-Boxing means you control everyone.

If you have a pet class, that pet can be your tank.
If a mercenary/player is in melee range, they automatically take threat from a pet... so melee DPS classes are not an option without a non-pet tanking class.
You could easily use a mercenary tank, if you wanted to play a melee type.

I'm personally going with this composition:
- DPS: Magician
- DPS: Magician
- DPS: Wizard
- DPS/Support: Enchanter
- Utility: Bard
- Heals: Druid

In my case, that's no melee (the Bard won't melee).
At the moment, the others are catching up to the Bard and Druid (who were two of my four mains, when I played in '99 - '06).

The Bard is not going to melee, so that means I can use Magician pets (or Enchanter charmed pets) as the tank.

The plan is for the Enchanter to be the puller and to Mez on incoming, if necessary... and slow the kill target.
With the Bard available to pull in a tricky situation, or apply AoE Snare/Slow/Mez/Etc.
Frequently sicking pets onto targets via '/pet attack' and '/pet qattack' has been sufficient.
I haven't used Charm on the Enchanter yet, but the Bard will be able to play their Mez Song at the pet, as an added safety cushion... as part of their group 'Melody' line.

The Druid is the healer on the team.
At later levels they have a caster friendly aura, plus their Black Wolf AA line.
Their 'Of xxx' line hp/ac buff, adds +mana regen too.

The Enchanter will add 'Twin Cast Aura' and another aura.
Plus the 'Clarity' line for the casters and the 'Haste' line for the pets.

I'll have most of the caster friendly buffs going.
And 2-3 pets.
With a good assortment of crowd control effects.

As far as quests go...

Any toon leads, and the others follow.
I run them into range of the NPC.
I target the NPC with the lead.
I have the slaves/followers assist me, they're on the same target.
I bounce between the windows, dealing with each in turn... there isn't anything like Jamba...
But I could mouse broadcast, to select the same option on every toon at the same time.

It helps to have an absolutely identical UI.
I downloaded the AYA-CotF UI from http://www.EQInterface.com
It comes with another file which you rename for your Character_Server.ini and place in the EQ directory.
That file is essentially your configuration file for your window positions.
Everything is placed in absolutely the same position (until you move things) on every character.

I've created socials for 'Fast Heal', 'Heal', 'Big Heal', and 'Buff' on each of the toons.
They're placed in the same place (lower right of the screen) on each toon.
There is a Repeater Region over the whole area, that goes to the Druid.
From any window, I can click 'Fast Heal - Enchanter' and have the Druid execute that social.
One of the pets is my 'MT' and the other is my 'OT' (for Main-Tank and Off-Tank) in the socials; I used Potions of Companion's Amnesia, so they have persistent names instead of changing each time they're summoned/resummoned, etc.
The 'Heals' to the MT/OT, can have the Magicians add in their Renew Summoning lines, for supplemental (I believe I have that configured for the Emergency/Fast Heals, but not for the regular or efficient heals... so they can continue to DPS, while heals are handled by the druid).

I'm using the assist method, from Alge's thread on setting up assist/follow from any window.
Each toon can lead, as well as any other.
And I can assist from any window.

That covers the basics, for now.
Any character can lead, the others follow.
Regardless of leader, I can heal from any window.
I can independently control each of the pet (tanks), from any window.
I have 'Repeater Regions' over the 'Buff' area, where each toon casts their 'Slot 8' spell at that character... for buffing the team, but will likely set up saved buff spell memorization sets to apply more than one buff at a time to each target.
I am going to add a 'Repeater Region' that goes to just the bard, so I can switch between 'Melodies' as needed... for the situation.

I wouldn't consider my setup to be that complex.
If you're looking for ideas, check out Firescue17's setup and anything by Alge.
I'm essentially stealing things they've posted about, as they seem handy for my group.

In the end, jump in... see what works and what needs improvement to work better.
Ask how someone would overcome (whatever isn't working), and work that into your setup.

Also... consider playing on the Test Server.
It's never wiped/cleared, and there's a decent community there.
Every account is Gold, with all the Veteran rewards (as if you were active since Day 1).
You get every expansion, without buying anything.
The StationCash offers are tempting though... if you like the game, I wouldn't really hesitate to buy some things and support them a bit... but you can play/test things for free, with access to everything on Test Realm.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to EverQuest