FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual File(s)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tatt2ed

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Virtual File(s)

Hello, I have been using ISBoxer more off than on and finally decided to make a full on effort to making it work for me. So far I have been liking my increased game performance. Now most of my config is just default settings, but now I want to get more out of ISboxer and EQ.

I have 3 characters, 4 regions. I have 2 monitors. I am using the main monitor for my main toon (sk) and the other monitor for the other two toons swaping region 2 with 3 and 4.

So, now I want the druid on the main monitor, since he is the one doing all the work for now. So I made a new character set and all works good, but the UI's are what they were in the original setup. If I change them and go back to the original setup, will I have to move everything around again.
I would like a way to assign a virtual file (eqclient.ini or eqclient-charactername.ini) for each character in each character set, but I can't figure out if that is possible.

I have read that 3 or 4 times, I sure hope it makes sense.

Here is my new config (basic!) http://www.privatepaste.com/7565ee4a90

Thanks
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Re: Virtual File(s)

tatt2ed wrote:So I made a new character set and all works good, but the UI's are what they were in the original setup. If I change them and go back to the original setup, will I have to move everything around again.
Yes.

tatt2ed wrote:I would like a way to assign a virtual file (eqclient.ini or eqclient-charactername.ini) for each character in each character set, but I can't figure out if that is possible.
In the top left pane in the menu tree is Virtual Files. Expand it, then drag each character to eqclient.ini and eqlsPlayerData.ini.
<<

tatt2ed

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:07 am

firescue17 wrote:
tatt2ed wrote:So I made a new character set and all works good, but the UI's are what they were in the original setup. If I change them and go back to the original setup, will I have to move everything around again.
Yes.

tatt2ed wrote:I would like a way to assign a virtual file (eqclient.ini or eqclient-charactername.ini) for each character in each character set, but I can't figure out if that is possible.
In the top left pane in the menu tree is Virtual Files. Expand it, then drag each character to eqclient.ini and eqlsPlayerData.ini.

That didn't work, and it need a separate eqclient-charactername.ini for each character set, so that when I leave the game the EQ UI setup is the same since the windows are different sizes.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:04 am

tatt2ed wrote:That didn't work, and it need a separate eqclient-charactername.ini for each character set, so that when I leave the game the EQ UI setup is the same since the windows are different sizes.

The file you are referring to is UI_<Character>_<Server>.ini. It is not currently virtualized by ISBoxer which is why you're seeing the differences with UI layouts in different window sizes. With Windowed Mode and the way EQ reads the UI.ini, there is no way to save different UI layouts for different Windowed Mode window sizes (that is not a typo).

You will have to either:
A) settle on a Window Layout which works for you across all your Character Sets; or if you're on Windows 7 / 8,
B) enable Aero and run a full screen stacked Window Layout with dxNothings and VideoFX to simulate a Window Layout with smaller views.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 am

tatt2ed wrote:it need a separate eqclient-charactername.ini for each character set

The only way to get that is to create a separate "Character" in ISBoxer for each Virtual File you will need

Return to EverQuest