FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxing EverQuest: Auto-Follow, Movement, & Transportation

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 am

ISBoxing EverQuest: Auto-Follow, Movement, & Transportation

Last edited by firescue17 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:40 am

Re: ISBoxing EverQuest: Auto-Follow, Movement, & Transportation

Updated to include Part 2.
<<

gair

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Great update, firescue17.
<<

mahtra

Post Thu May 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Thank you for the videos. It gives a lot of information on how to dynamically adjust the auto follow/assist person as window focus changes, and while using slash commands. I have been a pretty basic ISBoxer user for awhile and now am attempting once more to get some basic setup done regarding auto follow etc.

After we setup the various Virtual Mapped Key overrides/redirects (Character Set Level -- 010 Sessions Template Key Map > 010 ## Box Template Key Map, Character Set Level -- 020 CHARACTER SET Template > 020 Copy of 020 Key Map, Character Level -- 100 Character Template Key Map > 100 Copy of Character Template Key Map) and updating the 100 Copies of Character Template Control: Activate Me key map and the target, assist, invite slash commands for character name, what else needs to be done to get a functioning group invite and follow keys?

Where do we set the key press for ISBoxer to execute an action, such as form group, with this template?

Another question regarding 199: General, there is a Mapped Key for Follow: 1 Group. How does it know what "other Group 1" is? In the 100 Character templates there are mapped keys for various group control items and that will put them into different ATGs, but nothing says "other Group 1".

Thank you for any enlightenment regarding the template. I think I am close to actually getting some basic stuff done (other than slot switching).
<<

firescue17

Post Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 pm

mahtra wrote:Where do we set the key press for ISBoxer to execute an action, such as form group, with this template?

As I recall, the Invite button was in the Hotkeys keymap.

Each group iteration will have its own set of Mapped Key Steps. It takes more steps to Invite 6 characters than 3.

Therefore, "Invite" in the "Hotkeys Keymap" would do "Invite" in "Sessions Template." "Sessions Template" is Virtualized at the Character Set level and subsequently cascades down to the "Invite Me" in the "Character Keymap," which then ultimately spells out "/invite so and so character name" and send the command back up the chain to the "Group XX Leader."

mahtra wrote:Another question regarding 199: General, there is a Mapped Key for Follow: 1 Group. How does it know what "other Group 1" is? In the 100 Character templates, there are mapped keys for various group control items and that will put them into different ATGs, but nothing says "other Group 1".

I stopped actively using the ATGs "Other Group 1," "Other Group 2," when DBG changed Autofollow to work out of the group. The only real purpose was to run two groups simultaneously.

For example, one could park the Main Tank group on a Raid Named and they would do their thing from the Spam key. Then, the second group could run around doing other stuff for the raid, clicking totems, killing trash, etc.

Before Autofollow was changed, without using discreet ATGS, there was no way to get *only members of Group 2* to follow *their Group Leader* without disrupting the Main Tank group.

It's a legacy ATG which may have use for some events; however, I haven't played in 2 or 3 years so I wouldn't know what sort of shenanigans the Devs have come up with lately. If you're not using the ATG (or anything else for that matter), you can delete it. Or leave it be until a bright idea strikes you when you only want to send a certain command to certain members of a certain group.

Return to EverQuest