FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Partial Group

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Partial Group

I have the Follow & Assist from any window set up.
This is based on the fixed invite order, with the Druid adding in sequence Bard, Enchanter, Mage 1, Mage 2, and Wizard.
The Druid is 60th, the Bard is 54th, and the other toons are 1st level.

The intention being:
a) Full group runs to kill area.
b) Druid & Bard drop group.
c) The 4x Level 1s kill stuff.
d) Druid provides Snare & Healing support.

Once the group reaches 54/55, the Bard joins the 'Kill Group'.
Once everyone reaches 60, the Druid joins the 'Kill Group', which thereafter runs as one group.

I need the group of six for Follow, to get to my kill areas.
(I want to experience pretty much everything I remember doing... no rush to level... from the 7 years I played EQ).
So I want the current F1 = Slot x, F2 = Slot y, F3 = Slot z, Etc... for the travel.
But once I drop (initially two, later one) toon, that's going to change the F-Key <--> Character Matrix.

Is there any easy way to set this up with my configuration, with a toggle perhaps?
Or is opening the console, as per MiRai's excellent video, and making temporary adjustments (in-game) the only method to edit that matrix?

Is there an option in game, for a Mage/Necro to send their pet onto a target.
And for the pet to stick with that target, despite their master burning an entirely different target?

Basically is there 'Sticky' targeting, where the pet only switches to a new target when actively directed?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Kaische

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Re: Partial Group

Ualaa wrote:Is there any easy way to set this up with my configuration, with a toggle perhaps?
Or is opening the console, as per MiRai's excellent video, and making temporary adjustments (in-game) the only method to edit that matrix?

This Action is your new best friend:
Set Variable Keystroke Action: Changes the keystroke configured for a Variable Keystroke on the fly, to be used with a Variable Keystroke Action.

So drop the 2 guys from the party and write the new F-Key <--> Charakter Matrix down.
Then create a Mapped Key and for each of your 4 guys create 4 Actions with the new order.

This is exactly the same as MiRai described it in the video with the difference that it is not temporary anymore.

Ualaa wrote:Is there an option in game, for a Mage/Necro to send their pet onto a target.
And for the pet to stick with that target, despite their master burning an entirely different target?

Basically is there 'Sticky' targeting, where the pet only switches to a new target when actively directed?

I am no expert at EverQuest but here is a large list of Pet Commands maybe this helps.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Ualaa wrote:Basically is there 'Sticky' targeting, where the pet only switches to a new target when actively directed?

The commands you're looking for are /pet attack, /pet qattack, and /pet focus. You may need AAs to take full advantage of these commands.

Ualaa wrote:Is there any easy way to set this up with my configuration, with a toggle perhaps?

The guide on Group Formation accounts for this. Image 22 illustrates my Menu setup where I run my full group to a hunting spot (Group Invite 01 & Group Roles 01). Once on site, I would disband them and re-invite a different group or multi-group formation (Group Invites 02, 03, 04 and Group Roles 02, 03, 04).

My opinion if it's easy or worth the trouble ... only if you're planning on leaving the higher level characters in-game and actively using them for power leveling and / or buffs. If not, it's probably easier to just load the character set, auto follow the baby toons to your hunting ground, log out the higher level toons and re-launch a new Character Set.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Thank you for the list of commands, at: Pet Commands
Thank you for the /pet qassist & /pet focus commands, those were what I was looking for.

Kaische wrote:This Action is your new best friend:
Set Variable Keystroke Action: Changes the keystroke configured for a Variable Keystroke on the fly, to be used with a Variable Keystroke Action.

I'm a little confused on how to implement this.
I already have Variable Keystrokes set up (when I ran the wizard) for the team and then followed MiRai's video.
These were set up at the Character Slot level (under Team > then each Slot).

My understanding is that I have a six slot Matrix (which F1-F6 key needs to be pushed, to target the correct slot).
And I am going to set up an alternate four slot Matrix (which F1-F4 key needs to be pushed, to target the correct slot (in the new smaller group)).

If this is correct, I'm missing an action type (which will be two steps).
a) Disable the original Variable Keystroke actions and enable the revised Variable Keystroke actions.
b) Revert (reverse which is enabled/disabled) to the original configuration of Variable Keystrokes.

The Set Variable Keystroke Action, seems to be for assigning the new F-Whatever = Slot-Whatever combination.
But not for toggling which set of Variable Keystrokes are active.
And it doesn't seem to have the option of specifying if this is at the Character, Character Set, or Global level.

firescue17 wrote:My opinion if it's easy or worth the trouble ... only if you're planning on leaving the higher level characters in-game and actively using them for power leveling and / or buffs. If not, it's probably easier to just load the character set, auto follow the baby toons to your hunting ground, log out the higher level toons and re-launch a new Character Set.

I've not used Menus at all, in the configuration.
I might at some point, but am just attempting a workable base configuration to start with.

The intention was for the Druid and Bard will partially power-level the lower characters until they catch up (heals, buffs, and transport).
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Kaische

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Ualaa wrote:My understanding is that I have a six slot Matrix (which F1-F6 key needs to be pushed, to target the correct slot).
And I am going to set up an alternate four slot Matrix (which F1-F4 key needs to be pushed, to target the correct slot (in the new smaller group)).

If this is correct, I'm missing an action type (which will be two steps).
a) Disable the original Variable Keystroke actions and enable the revised Variable Keystroke actions.
b) Revert (reverse which is enabled/disabled) to the original configuration of Variable Keystrokes.

Yes, with the Quick Setup Wizard you setup a six slot Matrix which will be loaded only when you launch your Character Set.
Switching to a smaller Group is the same as the "furious girlfriend cuts the power"-case in the video.
Those changes in the ISBoxer ingame GUI can also be made with said Action which will overwrite the six slot Matrix with matching Variable Keystrokes for a four slot Matrix.

So:
a) They will be overwritten
b) Either by reloading your Character Set or by creating a Mapped Key with 2 Steps
Step 1 contains 4 x 4 Actions (4 Characters x 4 F-Keys)
Step 2 contains 6 x 6 (6 Characters x 6 F-Keys) Actions.

BloodCloud on Dual-Boxing.com had this crazy idea for SWTOR where he create a setup for variable groups. This is heavy work if you play a game with more than 4 characters per group because of all the possible permutations.

Ualaa wrote:The Set Variable Keystroke Action, seems to be for assigning the new F-Whatever = Slot-Whatever combination.
But not for toggling which set of Variable Keystrokes are active.
And it doesn't seem to have the option of specifying if this is at the Character, Character Set, or Global level.

Character:
Target -> self

Character Slot:
Target -> CharacterSlot1

Character Set:
Target -> all

Global:
Global would be in ISBoxer: can be used in multiple Character Sets and you don't need to change that while you have a Character Set loaded.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Ualaa wrote:I've not used Menus at all, in the configuration.
I might at some point, but am just attempting a workable base configuration to start with.
In this instance, you can use a menu, a clickbar, or a regular hotkey. You just need *something* with which to activate this virtualization.

Ualaa wrote:If this is correct, I'm missing an action type (which will be two steps).

Essentially you'll be running two groups inside the ISBoxer Character Set. This is stuff you need to build and store in a Mapped Key somewhere if you intend to switch on the fly without relaunching. In plain English:

1) Launch the 6 box Character Set
2) Form your group
3) Run to your hunting grounds.
4) Disband and form two groups; 1 group of baby toons and 1 group of power level toons or 1 group of babies and two ungrouped higher level characters, whichever you prefer.
5) When done hunting, disband the separate groups, reform into a single group and run home.

During step 2, as opposed to assigning the Variable Keystrokes on the Variable Keystrokes Character or Character Set Tabs your going to need to activate a Mapped Key, let's call it Group Roles 01, which contains a whole friggn crapload of virtualization:
Target Slot 1 is now <some F key> -> Character 1.
Target Slot 2 is now <some other F key> -> to Character 1.
Target Slot 6 is now <a different F key> -> to Character 1.
All of the above -> Character 2.
All of the above -> Character 3.
All of the above -> Character 6.

During Step 4, you'll have to do it all over again in a second, separate Mapped Key, let's call it Group Roles 02. You will then virtualize Group Roles 01 is now Group Roles 02.

During Step 5, you'll reset Group Roles 01 back to itself by selecting Do the Original Mapped Key radio button: Group Roles 01 is now Group Roles 01.

Return to EverQuest