FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Known Good Configs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lazerous66

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Known Good Configs

Something occured to me the other day so I thought I would bring it up. I'm not sure if this is a rule or something, but I know that in my case I would get a great deal of information if I could see known good configs. I see the wisdome in posting my broken config, but I think it would be great to just have an entire thread of working configs that way I can see how other people have accomplished things. I'm still struggling with assist me and follow me and it would be great to see someones config where these two functions work. Just a thought.
<<

nexxusofa178

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: Known Good Configs

If you're having trouble with follow and assist then check out the stickied topic in the EQ forum and make sure to watch the video that's linked in it
<<

lazerous66

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:53 pm

I watched that video but something is still broken for my set. All of the slot targeting is setup correctly. Follow me and assist me are set. I actually have another thread on this topic with the config pasted (sorry couldnt figure out how to link to the post. I still think it would be great to be able to see known good completely configured configs to use for reference.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:20 pm

I haven't implemented Firescue17's system at all, but I've looked at the forum posts.
It is by far the most polished EQ related system I've seen.
You can check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4241

He has the downloadable configuration.
So you can back up your own config.
And then import his.
That will show you how things work, but is not complete in that you'll need to input your characters and such.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lazerous66

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:40 pm

I took a look at the posts and the template and it really didnt help. I'd like to see actual fully functional configs that have all the goodies up and running. I'd like to compare my config side by side and see where my errors are at.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 pm

My EQ Config. You'll need to copy the contents of that file (not the file itself) to the clipboard and then import it into ISBoxer as per these instructions.

Note: I use slightly different method for follow and assist, involving character-specific socials for assisting each slot.
Last edited by Alge on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 pm

lazerous66 wrote:I took a look at the posts and the template and it really didnt help. I'd like to see actual fully functional configs that have all the goodies up and running. I'd like to compare my config side by side and see where my errors are at.

The problem with this request is someone else's profile isn't going to work for you. When I built my new computer, my profile broke because I switched from multiple computers to a single computer. It took three weeks to fix all the ATGs, character and computer references. Once I fixed that and had all my new hardware up and running, I went and bought new monitors. The profile "broke" again because all my windows were the wrong size. The point being, if the profile I wrote and understand intimately doesn't plug and play between my very own computers, it isn't going to help you with trouble shooting to compare side-by-side with your profile.

EQ is also dependant upon your in-game /socials. You could take the exact same profile and it may not work if the /socials you're activating aren't also exactly the same.

Your best bet is to Share your Configuration.
<<

Alge

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:10 am

lazerous66,

I replied in quite some detail to your other post where you shared your configuration. Still, it would be great to get your current configuration plus confirmation of some of the things I suggested you check in that other thread and the required detailed description of exactly what happens when you press given keys.

Return to EverQuest