FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

target, follow, assist

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lazerous66

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:36 pm

target, follow, assist

So i've been getting some flakeyness from targeting and im hoping someone can help. I've been trying to work with targeting functions 2 different ways and they both seem to be broken. I know its something that I'm missing im just not sure what. Basically ive been trying to get the "Follow and Assist from any window in EQ" method as well as the creating click bars using non-combat (target me, assist me, follow me). It seems like both of them with either pull random names and not what is suspected or it will not pull anything at all. With the clickbar method it will sometimes even show different targets for follow me even though im hitting the same button. At first i thought that the problem was something with my setup so i made a brand new setup, same thing. Then i took it one step further and created a completely new instance of isboxer on lvl 1 toons. I still got the same thing. As near as i can tell the variable keys have been setup correctly and im stll too new with isboxer to really take it any further. I could also add that sometimes basic socials dont work either and that i can try the social with no luck, but if immediately type it in it works fine.

Ideas?

Thanks
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Re: target, follow, assist

You may want to share your configuration.
<<

lazerous66

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:55 pm

im not sure where that post ended up, but here it is again

http://www.privatepaste.com/761855ff48
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 am

I would advise you to ignore the Click Bars for now, as the Click Bars are just activating your Target Me, Assist me and Follow Me Mapped Keys. The way you have them set up, the Click Bars are exactly identical to pressing the Hotkeys (Alt+T, Alt+A and Alt+F respectively). So, please, ignore the Click Bars until the issues with the Mapped Keys are sorted out.

One problem I see with your configuration is that you have two Mapped Keys in Non-combat with the same Hotkey (Alt+A) both of which will be doing different things with Assist. Delete the Mapped Key called Assist+Alt+A - it is entirely redundant and probably the cause of at least some of your errors.

Let's then start with the Target Me Mapped Key... This is supposed to make all the other slots target the active slot. The Variable Keystrokes all seem to be set up correctly and I would expect that when you press Alt+T with any screen active, all the others should target the active character. The only proviso to this is that if your active character has a pet, the other characters may end up targeting the pet, not the active character. If this Target Me Mapped Key doesn't work it is unlikely that your Assist Me or Follow Me Mapped Keys will work correctly so it is important to get the Target Me Mapped Key working first before trying to troubleshoot the others.

If Target Me is not working correctly, then I am going to need more details to troubleshoot it. Specifically, are there some Slots from which Target Me works and others from which it does not work? Are there specific Slots that never target the active slot? Is there any reproducible behaviour at all?

It would also check your key bindings in EQ to ensure they are set up correctly. Do each of F1 through F4 do what you expect from each of your 4 characters? Another thing is that your characters must be in the same group and the group order must match your Slot order, i.e. the character in Slot 1 must invite the other characters in Slot order and the other characters must accept those invites in Slot order.

As an aside, there are no socials set up in your configuration, so I can't give you any advice on that issue.

Return to EverQuest