FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

eqclient crash

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Diamondia

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:04 pm

eqclient crash

I have been 4boxing for years with EQ the old fashioned way. I fianlly decided to kick it up a notch and go with a better automated program and ditch the ALT/TAB forever. I have installed Isboxer and Innerspace as recommended. When I go to load up a character set, my eqclient will crash each time. It seems perhaps like a video setting I need to do? I am using XP, and run in windowed mode. Windows current video mode is 32 bit, 1280 x 960. My character set consistes of 4 currently. Would be great to get this working as intended. Thanks for any feedback with this.

Mike
<<

barrelhorse

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: eqclient crash

I am right there with you on the crashes. I get a Resetdevice failed! though not sure what is going on.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:14 am

You can try the development build of Inner Space and see if that helps. Right click the IS icon in the system tray, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart IS and try again
<<

Pilot

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:40 am

lax wrote:You can try the development build of Inner Space and see if that helps. Right click the IS icon in the system tray, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart IS and try again

Started my trial yesterday and was having the immediate crash issues. I tried the dev build and now the game launches, but I have zero mouse control.

I'm just using a plain old 2 button scroll wheel laser mouse.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 am

With the dev build, EQ is forced into windowed mode instead of full screen mode, which gets rid of crashes due to the game itself being set to full screen mode. However, there's apparently a bug with the way the mouse works in EQ while forced into a window, causing the cursor position to be off by some amount. To fix that, make sure the game itself is put into windowed mode and it should correct itself. I'll be looking into the bug
<<

Pilot

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Been playing all day now that its working. Very nice!

Keep up the good work!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 am

I fixed the cursor position issue in the development build with forced window as of today, with build 5227
<<

poet

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:15 pm

I am having issues with logging on to Everquest. I got the trial period and was following the instructions on the video and also read through the trouble shooting other everquest players have encountered.

I have switched the patcher in innerspace into (dev) and i am still getting my game crash as soon as i enter my account information.

If anyone has had this and fixed it, please share

Return to EverQuest