FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist Key Map Strangeness

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Assist Key Map Strangeness

The other day I updated the toolkit to version 41.5.825.1 from 41.5.803.1. After that the Assist me key map hasn't quite worked as it used to.
My assist and follow functions are setup according to this post http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

I launch a full group, 5 characters on my main desktop and one on my laptop.

The problem:

When I pull 2 or more mobs, and the tank targets the first mob, and I press my "assist me" hot key, all my desktop clients target the puller, but they do not complete the process by assisting said puller, however the character on the laptop assists as normal. When I finally get down to the last mob of that pull, my assist me key works as intended. I've gone though all my configurations for the assist/follow me setup and everything is as set as it should be. One odd thing though, the follow me hot key works just fine. All characters target the leader, then follow.

Things I've tried to do:
- re-exported profile to innerspace, to refresh all clients.
- Logged out of game, and relaunched innerspace/boxer applications.
- Restarted desktop and laptop.
- Relocated the "assist me" key map from the "non combat" to "Always On"
- Made sure each character did not have any target selected.
- This is all I could think of that might of caused the assist to not assist as normal.
- Threw my hands up and went to bed, hoping the grimlins would go bother someone else. :p Sadly they stayed.. :mrgreen:
- I tried to post a copy of my profile to private paste, but kept getting an error saying the file was to large. I've tried to shrink it down by removing things that I've been working on, or not actually using, but still receive the error "413 Request Enity Too Large" when saving.

Thanks in Advance
HS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Re: Assist Key Map Strangeness

Usually the issue is that you've got the wrong Target for the assist. To help you with this, I need to see your configuration. See Configuration Sharing
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Hippy Slayer wrote:- I tried to post a copy of my profile to private paste, but kept getting an error saying the file was to large. I've tried to shrink it down by removing things that I've been working on, or not actually using, but still receive the error "413 Request Enity Too Large" when saving"

As I said, I've tried to post a copy of my configuration, but private paste is being a pain and not allowing me to save. I can copy my profile in boxer and paste it in private paste, but when I click on "save", I get the error mentioned above.

Until that is resolved, is there another way I can share my configuration here, without pasting the entire XML file to a post.

Thanks again
HS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:51 pm

E-mail to lax@lavishsoft.com and I'll take a look
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Thank you, email sent.

HS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Okay. First of all, to be sure, nothing like this changed between 41.4.803.1 and 41.5.825.1. You can try it if you want, but the changes were unrelated -- http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/mods/Lavish.ISBoxerSuite.41.4.0803.1.exe

When you're done with that, what I would suggest is to restore Assist Me and Follow Me back to their original 2 step implementation.

As they are configured right now, with 1 Step and set to Pressed OR Released, they are going to do Step 1 twice when you press the Hotkey. This is not as you would have intended. The reason the original implementation is 2 Steps is because, for many games, it will not work when in the same Step. The timing between you pressing and releasing the button makes it work.
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:15 am

Thank you, was thinking of seeing if rolling back would make a difference. I'll give a shot and let ya know what happens. :)
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:32 pm

ok, finally had some time to sit down and roll back to the previous version of boxer and see if I could replicate the issues I was having. Naturally after reinstalling the previous version and once I launched my group, assisting/following didn't initially work at all. That was when I recalled that it was suggested to change how steps were executed by changing it to released, as to having it set to "pressed or released". Which in turn made me wonder why I would have changed that from the default. This key map was one of the very first I setup and didn't really know what I was doing, I followed the steps in MiRai's video and the steps listed by Alge for specific EverQuest setup. After watching the video again, I noticed that MiRai, when showing how to configure the assist me and follow me key maps, that he had the execute a step set to "pressed or released". At that time I had no clue how that was suppose to work, so I matched mine to his and everything worked as it was intended.
After seeing that, it made me wonder, which is the correct way? did it make a difference? So I set out to test both versions with both ways to configure the assist me/follow me key maps. After about an hour or so of testing out the different ways to execute a step, then upgrading to the current version of 825.1 and repeating the testing process again. With all that, I could not replicate my original problem :x as either way appeared to execute the key map normally. Even my custom assist me key map that targeted the first extended target, triggered the "assist me" key map and then had all melee's attack, worked as I had intended. So very frustrating, but the end result was that my assist me and follow me key maps are working as intended and that all that matters in the long run. :)

HS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 pm

All's well that ends well. Thank you for following up :)

Return to EverQuest