FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

In Game Extended Target Hot Keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 am

In Game Extended Target Hot Keys

Is it me not seeing them, or did the in game key binds to target a specific extended target no longer show up in the key bind window?

The key binds I had previously setup, still seem to work, as I use a key bind to target the first extended target, then have rest of the gang assist the tank. Still need to verify this, but will do so next time I log in to play.

Just wondering, I am an old fart, and the eye's are not as good as they once were. :p
Thanks
HS
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 am

Re: In Game Extended Target Hot Keys

The Keybinds in the .ini for the extended target window are buggy and have a tendency to disappear of their own accord. Information for recovering them can be found in this thread on the SoE forums.
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks for the response.

The link did provide a solition for the extended target key bind issue, however, even editing the eqclient.ini file to include the key binds provided in the post, didn't fix it for all characters. :( One would think that the eqclient.ini file would be applied to all characters, regardless of which account is being logged in on that specific PC.

Even characters that belong to the same account have mixed results on who has and doesn't have the ability to modify the extended target key binds. I have a petition in, maybe there is something else that is not mentioned in that forum post. Will update when I get a response and it's something other than, "oh well, guess your screwed" or some such answer. :p
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Are you absolutely positive you are not virtualizing eqclient.ini?
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:50 pm

firescue17 wrote:Are you absolutely positive you are not virtualizing eqclient.ini?

Absolutely positive, that I've vert eqclient.ini?, not a chance, I haven't activatly tried to do anything virt ISBoxer yet. I have however, "borrowed" some key mappings from here and other sites and cobbled something together that has been working well for me and my game play style. There could be something that I haven't noticed as being done, but frankly wouldn't know it if it slapped me the face, so to speak. :p

HS
<<

haunaben

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am

If you used any isboxer wizard to create your character or character sets in isboxer then your ini is probably virtualized since the wizard does that for you.

Go into isboxer and click on one of your characters, then scroll down to the virtual files and see if any are listed there.

Return to EverQuest