FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Consolidated Timer Window for EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

haunaben

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Consolidated Timer Window for EQ

I made a simple consolidated timer system to replace multiple instances of GTT (gambosoft game text triggers). I 4 box so wanted 1 simple UI overlay for the things I want to track.

Turns out innerspace has a nice built-in log monitor system that can trigger on text matches. My solution consists of 2 files:

interface xml file - http://pastebin.com/S0L4j94h
script to load in each IS session - http://pastebin.com/Nxnp9u4q

some points:

• (yes first label is wrong, it should be PAL not SK :D )
  • number of timers and labels are hard-coded, could dynamically add them to window
  • timer scale is coded to 3 minutes, it's fine for me but you could dynamically scale each timer based on full duration
  • timer durations are hard-coded when invoked, as you get new AA that shorten / lengthen / etc you must update the script
  • labels on timers could have remaining time dynamically added
  • the triggers file also demonstrates text to speech notifications, for example all my /tells are spoken to me
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Re: Consolidated Timer Window for EQ

Very nice.
<<

Rogal

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:51 am

Is there documentation to do this stuff somewhere. I tried looking around the website but didn't see anything, I am curious as to what is possible. So I have questions, now I just need time to try it.

My most frustrating problem while boxing is questing in EQ. Though with clickable quest text it is a little better.

Is something like this possible in the system? Wonder if it is would be allowed.

Parse logs for [text],
add buttons to a ui for each one you see (maybe last unique 10 or somtheing),
click one to broadcast that to all windows.

Does logging affect performance?

Usually I just turn broadcast on and hit enter and type, so it isn't really something I need just a nice to have.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 am

Rogal wrote:Is something like this possible in the system?
Lax would be the expert to ask; however, my suspicion is the support is not available in Inner Space at this time.

Rogal wrote:Wonder if it is would be allowed.
Parsing the log file is allowed. Turning it into a hotbutton isn't much different than the way GamTextTriggers and GamParse turn log information into an overlay. A disallowed behavior would be if you coded something to automatically output the text back into the game once it was extracted from the log.

Rogal wrote:Does logging affect performance?
Absolutely! Especially if you're logging multiple characters at the same time and also if the logs are not backed up or deleted regularly.

Rogal wrote:My most frustrating problem while boxing is questing in EQ. Though with clickable quest text it is a little better. . .

Usually I just turn broadcast on and hit enter and type, so it isn't really something I need just a nice to have.
Everyone in every game has this annoyance. You can find many threads here and on dual-boxing.com about better ways to manage dailies, cursor sync issues, reward windows popping up in random places, etc., etc. It's just one of the joys of multi-boxing. For one-time quests, I also turn on repeater and type "/say <keyword>." If it's a mission I plan on farming repetitively for an extended period of time I will use a Mapped Key to store the quest text and output it with a hotkey using "Copy from Clipboard" and "New Keystroke Action" as detailed here and here.

I think it would take an inordinate amount of time for very little benefit to write a parsing program to extract text given the repeater options and Mapped Keys options already available.
<<

haunaben

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 am

Is there documentation to do this stuff somewhere. I tried looking around the website but didn't see anything, I am curious as to what is possible. So I have questions, now I just need time to try it.

All documentation needed is on the innerspace wiki

- building the UI http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/LavishGUI:Element_Types
- addTrigger used for parsing http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/Command:AddTrigger
- general lavishscript info http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/LavishScript

The last link has the "getting started" stuff if you've never run your own lavishscript outside of isboxer. You can open the innerspace console in-game and run the script; or you can add a script to the game profile startup in the innerspace console configuration.

Is something like this possible in the system? Wonder if it is would be allowed.

Parse logs for [text],
add buttons to a ui for each one you see (maybe last unique 10 or somtheing),
click one to broadcast that to all windows.

This would be pretty straightfoward to do - anything that goes into the log can be matched and have a trigger added. In the trigger atom it would be a matter of going to UIElement['the@path@to@element'] and adding a child, enabling it, setting an onclick, etc for what you want to do.

Like you I just use broadcast /say blah blah for quest text. The bigger annoyance I find is collecting and handing in items, and there is no silver bullet for that.

Does logging affect performance?

Yes, but the noticable impact depends on your system. I run 4 accounts on a q6600 based system with a 100gig SSD, with all 4 logging. I usually archive the files when they get around 400-500 MB each - not because I notice any performance problem with EQ but because gameparse takes too long to load the files for DPS meter. Your experience may vary based on your hardware.

Return to EverQuest