FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Moving Characters Around

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Moving Characters Around

Been messing with is for a few days now and still can't get my melee toons to move around to better face the mob that was pulled into camp.

This is what I thought I needed to do to accomplished this goal.

- Ensured that the Variable Keystrokes for movement was configured. Had to change left and right strafing (assuming move left and right mean the same thing) from the default "q" and "e" to "ctrl+left" arrow key and "ctrl+right" arrow key.
- Setup an Action Target Group (ATG) for my Melee toons
- Created key maps with an variable keystroke for each movement action and targeted them to the melee ATG.
- Created a click bar for ease of use (at least for me) :)
- Even made hot keys combo's for each key map's.

All of that results in my melee toons just standing around. All the other click bars I have setup for my Enchanter, Cleric and Wizard, which all uses ATG's to direct commands to that specific toon, all work as expected.
I've changed the key maps I created to use the actual key press to move around, which did nothing as well. Even changed the target to "Window:All w/Current" just to see if I could get any of my toons to move. They all just stood there looking at me. :(

Here is a link to my boxer profile https://privatepaste.com/d6243241a6#
The Character set I'm using is "full group"

I've most likely missed something simple that is making me pound my head against the wall. :evil:
Thanks in Advance
HS
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: Moving Characters Around

I'm gathering these are the Mapped Keys in "DPS Control." If this is correct, change the "Hold any Keystroke Actions" to "ON."
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: Moving Characters Around

See, I said it would be something stupid easy.

Thank you, will try that out and see what happens. :)

HS

Return to EverQuest