FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New setup. checking possibilities

Moderator: MiRai

<<

angostin

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:52 am

New setup. checking possibilities

Hi.

I have just returned to EQ after 9 years, looking to box three characters. I am doing it on one comp whereas before it was on three.

What I would like to do is either of two things, and I cant work out if ISBoxer can do it or not.

Option 1 - Have the hotbars of the two followers displayed on the main toon screen. Also if its possible to press keys on the main screen and it activates things on the other two, but individually.

Option 2 - If option 1 is not possible then while playing on the main screen use numbers for the hotbars for main, ctrl and numbers for access to screen 2's hotbars and alt+numbers to activate number 3 screen hotbars.

I have downloaded ISBoxer, but struggling with it, nothing seems simple, it doesnt load all three accounts at same time, you get a fps display but nothing else seems to work.

Would really appreciate if anyone could direct me on the best way to set this up please. I am a aware that there are videos somewhere, but I would love to see a way specific to my needs.

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: New setup. checking possibilities

angostin wrote:I have downloaded ISBoxer, but struggling with it, nothing seems simple, it doesnt load all three accounts at same time, you get a fps display but nothing else seems to work.

Let's start here, because until you fix this the rest of what you want won't matter. It doesn't load your 3 accounts for you? How are you launching your team, specifically? Because it sounds like you're not loading them right, if ISBoxer isn't launching your 3 windows for you.

You say you get an FPS display, is it just the FPS or do you also get a memory indicator? If you get a memory indicator, then you're launching without ISBoxer (by selecting "EverQuest Default Profile" from the IS menu for example) and that's why nothing works! You should instead be right clicking IS and, under "ISBoxer Character Sets", select your team. If you're doing it right, you should see an FPS indicator, AND ISBoxer's Toggle icons -- if you don't see new icons next to the FPS either 1) you're launching wrong, 2) you didn't use the Quick Setup Wizard, or 3) after using the Quick Setup Wizard you removed things from your setup before trying it out.

What should happen is you select your team to launch, and it starts launching the launchpads for you. After logging into the first launchpad and clicking Play, the first client will come up; when the first client comes up and the first launchpad closes, it should automatically launch the second launchpad. If you're having IS skip the launchpad and launch the game client directly, then it will launch the second client immediately after the first client comes up.

Once you have THAT part settled, we can easily move on to what you're wanting it to do.
Option 1 - Have the hotbars of the two followers displayed on the main toon screen.

You can use Video FX to display the hotbars from your other windows -- or any other pieces of them. There's some good videos by MiRai on that page demonstrating how to set that up.

Also if its possible to press keys on the main screen and it activates things on the other two, but individually.

Here you want to use the Mapped Key Wizard, from the Wizards menu. It'll ask what Key Map to put your new mappings in, you probably want to pick either Combat or Non-combat. Then it will ask what kind of key to set up -- you probably want either Key Re-Map (press one key to send a different key to some window(s)) or Straight Key Broadcast (press one key to send the same key to some window(s)). Quite simple. Also note that 1 through = will automatically be mapped for you, likely by the Standard Menu if you left that enabled in the Quick Setup Wizard.

Here's a video that covers most of the important things as far as getting started -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntUYfwlCn0 -- this is an EQ2 video but EQ1 is similar enough that you shouldn't have too much of a problem following it.
<<

angostin

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 am

Thank you very much for the info, very helpful.

You are correct, I was using the inner space to launch and not ISboxer.

I can now box with three widows, and the 1 to = hotbar activates the corresponding box on all three bars.

There is so much that is not clear on how these things work. Alt-f does not make the other two windows follow me. All I have is this one bar, so buttons are taking up with /target and /assist and /follow.

According to the site there are buttons that will do that for you, but when actually playing, they dont seem to work.

Is there a way to make more than just one hotbar go across all three windows?

This is a great product that could be so useful. If it could be aimed at people without experience or more importantly time to learn the inns and outs with more user friendly language, game specific skins to reduce the daunting hundreds of unclear options it would be amazing.
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am

For the auto follow/assist hot keys (Alt+f & Alt+a) you should read and follow the post here in the EQ forum that shows you excatly what and how your character sets need to be configured. Watch the video, and follow the steps listed in that same post for EQ specific setup, and you should be good to go.
<<

angostin

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks for the info. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the post please?
<<

Mellesande

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 pm

angostin wrote:Thanks for the info. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the post please?

/em points.
<<

angostin

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks for that.

Have watched the video and have no idea how to make it work. The buttons will not work with mine. I feel stupid and at the point of just giving up with it. Is it not possible just to have another of the green overlay bars that use all three at the same time so there are two global hotbars?
<<

Mellesande

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 pm

angostin wrote:Is it not possible just to have another of the green overlay bars that use all three at the same time so there are two global hotbars?

Yes if that's what you really want. The overview of the steps is as follows:

Make a copy of the Standard Menu and rename it.
Select the new menu and make a copy of the Standard Hotkey Set and the Standard Broadcast Button Set in the lower left pane.
Reassign all the hotkeys in your new hotkey set and the keystroke actions in the new Button set to match the keybinds in EQ for the hotbar you're planning to emulate. (Make sure the hotbar keybinds are the same on all toons.)
Left click the name of the new menu bar in the lower left pane (the very top line) and in the right pane change the hotkey set and button set to the new ones you made.

I think its worth getting the way Alge described set up. Its way less hotkeys to manage and works from any window. It caused me a little confusion when I first tried it but once I got it I loved it. If you post your profile xml I can probably walk you through it.

If you want detailed step by step instructions on creating that second bar, let me know. It won't take me very long.

BTW, can anyone reading this post tell me the trick to numbered lists in forum posts? I seem to have a keyboard/chair shortcut there.

Melle
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:11 pm

This video from Lax will walk you through the process of duplicating the Standard Menu:

http://youtu.be/UX6gsNLMsVI
<<

angostin

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:47 am

Thanks for the video link.

I followed everything on there and the 2nd bar appears, but it doesnt work. I followed a super complicated path of copying standard bar and renaming it. Creating a 2nd set of hotkeys using alt+number. On all three accounts I tagged hotbar 2 to these numbers. 2nd hotbar menu is visable in all ISboxer pages and character sheets, its got the new hotkeys attached, the game has been changed and the menu overlay is over the correct part. Kinda feel like this program has been written by techies for techies, and if someone redid it as more user friendly for normal people they would make a killing. The help videos blast past the bits that you actually need and not one so far as been good enough that someone like me can watch it and achieve what I want to achieve.

I know I probably look stupid, and beleive me, I feel stupid, but I run two companies, have a family and at 36 think I am probably of average intelligence.

Isboxer image.jpeg
Photo of screen
Isboxer image.jpeg (68.39 KiB) Viewed 10816 times

I have attached a photo of my ISboxer screen if anyone would be kind enough to please set me straight.

So far on ISboxer I have achieved having one hotbar working. I have attempted videofeeds, having pressble keybinds to autofollow and assist, attempted a second hotbar and generally spent a frustrating few hours.

Please help! And please, no more videos where they gloss over the important bits just to show how one feature works, I just need basics.

Thanks.

Owain
Next

Return to EverQuest