ISBoxing EverQuest: Audio Triggers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:11 am

ISBoxing EverQuest: Audio Triggers

SCOPE
This section will explain how to set up Audio Triggers (ATs) in EverQuest. There is no interaction between ISBoxer and EQ; however, it would be remiss to discuss multi-boxing and ignore the importance of Audio Triggers.

HOW TO SET UP EVERQUEST AUDIO TRIGGERS
This is a very simple three-step process:
  1. Open the Audio Triggers Window from EQ Button -> Actions -> Audio Triggers. Enter the trigger text EQ should watch for. As opposed to using an external log parser, the built-in Audio Trigger monitoring does not need "/log" enabled.
  2. Select a sound file .wav to be played. Sound files are saved in the "\EverQuest\AudioTriggers\shared" folder.
  3. Press "Create" to save a new Audio Trigger. If a typo was made, use "Apply" to edit a previously existing Audio Trigger.

IMAGE 01

WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THIS?
Audio Triggers are probably the third most important aspect of multi-boxing EverQuest behind the actual DPS rotations and in-game /socials. The use of Audio Triggers will improve your multi-boxing efficiency immensely.

EDITED 2018-03-23: One can use this online tool or similar to create custom Audio Triggers.
  • If the text engine does not pronounce phrases to your preference, the synthesis modification can be tweaked using the options in the menu bar.
  • English (UK) - Selene with a speed of -1 is sexy!

I have adopted a method of using the Character Set Slot number in the Audio Trigger to identify which Character needs attention. A few sample sound files are attached below:
  • Autofollow
  • Abort Autofollow: Triggered when a Character gets stuck and breaks Autofollow, or is initially out of range when Autofollow is activated.
  • Deathtouch: A generic AT triggered by game mechanics which require a Cure. As opposed to creating separate sound files for every nasty spell encountered, I re-use this sound file over and over and rely upon knowledge of the particular Event to "know" what Cure is needed.
  • Targeted: A generic AT triggered by game mechanics which require a particular Character to execute a particular click / duck / movement action. Again, I re-use this Audio Trigger repeatedly and rely upon the particular Event to "know" what action is required.

RETURN TO ISBOXING EVERQUEST: TABLE OF CONTENTS

The End.

2018-03-23: Fixed broken image links, sound file links, and reference links.
Last edited by firescue17 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:23 am

Re: ISBoxing EverQuest: Audio Triggers

2018-03-23: Fixed broken image links, sound file links, and reference links.
<<

firescue17

Post Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 pm

2022-06-22: Fixed broken sound file links again. The changes to Google Drive deprecated the previous links.

Someone sent a request via Google Drive for the files. I'm unable to match that user name with a forum name here to personally respond. All of the ISBoxing EverQuest files are now (should be) on Google Drive.

I can tell by visits and web traffic people are still finding a use for at least some parts of the guide. Please message me here on the forums if there are any other broken links.
<<

Korwiin

Post Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Thanks for the update. The link to Natural Reader for generating wav files, they have changed their app so that is saves as MP3 instead of .wav, and they want money now. Having a bit of trouble finding a suitable alternative.

Update: Ended up finding something in the Microsoft app store called "Any Text To Voice".

Return to EverQuest