FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

User1987

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 am

Mouse problems

This has been an issue since I started using IS Boxer, but it didn't seem as bad as it is now. Although it may simply just be the different play style I have at the moment.

Here it is...

I regularly use Mouselook in EQ (Hold right mouse button, look around) and use the left click button at the same time to also run while mouse looking.

Whether im running, standing still, not even altering my direction of view... very quickly it is as if I have moved my mouse downwards(towards me physically I guess) which changes my view to either be looking straight down on my character (if in 3rd person) or looking straight at the ground (1st person). It is mildy frustrating at the best of times, how ever when I am kiting and I am using the run-while mouselook so I have my other hand free to cycle nearest NPC and cast spells... when the view change happen It often causes my direction to change etc. Sometimes it is actually difficult to get out of the view as the mouse keeps moving me back to it even though I am moving my mouse physically the other way to go back to normal. I literally fight with the mouse/view to get back to normal.

I have searched and come up with nothing I found useful to trying to enable/disable things. I do not use mouse broadcasting. All I really use is the character sets features and have each instance with it's key binding to swapping with my G15 keyboard.

Setup wise I have a G9x Logitech mouse, I do use a slightly faster mouse speed though the software for it. I have tried lots of different speeds which got me no change (although slower mouse speeds made it nearly impossible for me to move the mouse enough to change my view back to normal. Windows 7, windows is up to date, direct x is up to date, Everquest is in windows mode resolution is 1680*1050/maximized. I don't have anything running except basic windows services, windows media player, IE in conjunction with the 6 EQ instances.

Unsure of what other information I can give which may be relevant, I am really lazy which is why I use the character sets how ever this issue is proving to really test me :P
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:21 am

Re: Mouse problems

There are fixes related to your issue in the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, first close out any game instances launched by Inner Space, then right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

The issue is probably related to the windowed mode setting configured within the game. If switching to the development build does not immediately solve the problem, try changing the in-game video options so that if it was previously windowed mode, try fullscreen mode (noting that ISBoxer is going to put it in a window anyway)... or if ti was previously fullscreen mode, try windowed mode.
<<

User1987

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:43 pm

First- Tried just changing to full screen in game (while windowed in IS) no luck, for about 1 minute I thought it had fixed it... but no... lol

Second-Patched with Test stuff with 'windowed' in game (while windowed IS) no luck, didn't make the 1 minute surprise this time :P

Third-with patched test was full screen in game (while windowed in IS) no luck still

Fourth- was still full screen in game/windowed in IS however I maximized the IS window (no visible difference I can see in actualy size on screen between the two?) seems to have alleviated the problem considerably.

Although now im left with an old lesser evil, the reason I didn't use maximized windows, is that if I hit the same hot key to swap to the the same window twice or click it it I end up with the restored window and lose my characters target which messes up my nuke chain keys and heals etc.

I can cope more with that though then the other issue.... :)
<<

sabindaman

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm having the same issue running EQ any solution yet?

Return to EverQuest