FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Disable certain visual effects on other windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Isingforyou

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Disable certain visual effects on other windows

Hi all,

So far ISBoxer is working great for me and one feature I really love that I found was "mute all background instances of EQ". This is amazing and thanks!

This leads me to, can I do the same for video settings? I started a thread about new video card, but what if I am able to let my main screen (tank) have all spell effects etc. and my others have it turned off?

Can I do this easily within ISBoxer?

Thanks!
Asus Rampage MB with i7 4930k OC'd to 4.5GHZ
32GB RAM
EVGA NVidia 2GB GTX 760 Superclocked ACX Cooler
Seagate SSD drives
2 x 28" Hanns G monitors
6 boxing EQ1
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: Disable certain visual effects on other windows

Yes. The QSW will virtualize the eqclient.ini which has the display settings. In addition, you can also turn the clipping plane way down on secondary characters.
<<

Isingforyou

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Fire,

Thanks again for your help. I am about to be home in 2-3 hours where I will be firing up my rig and looking at my profile. I really love my current profile of mapped keys etc. so where would I go in ISBoxer editor to tell it how to virtualize all of my instances?

Any directions you could give me would be great. For instance window 2 is my puller (bard) so I will want more clipping plane and effects etc. for him. I will want 100% for my tank, and then the others (healers and dps) below my Bard on monitor two, I could reduce most things and be ok with that since they are so small anyway.

If this can be done, any chance you might have time to guide me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Isingforyou
32GB RAM
Seagate SSD drives
2 x 28" Hanns G monitors
6 boxing EQ1
<<

firescue17

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Virtual Files. If you used the QSW the first time, these should already have been created in the EQ directory with the name <character>-eqclient.ini. If the files already exist, simply set the display options in-game. If the files do not exist, follow the directions in the wiki link to create them, then log-in to EQ and set the display options.
<<

Isingforyou

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:08 am

Thanks again Fire. Sorry I haven't had the chance to set this up yet. I do know those files exist (because I seen them the other day in the root directory) but when you say, go into the game and change these settings, do you mean go into each one as a separate instance one at a time (not using ISboxer), or do you mean go ahead and open my 6 man boxing team inside Spaces/ISBoxer and then make the changes inside the game settings for each character there?

Just want to be sure which because I think when I go into my standard EQ it has a completely separate client file that doesn't have that virtual filename. Can you please confirm for me?

Thanks again!

Isingforyou
32GB RAM
Seagate SSD drives
2 x 28" Hanns G monitors
6 boxing EQ1
<<

firescue17

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:44 am

Launching outside ISBoxer will use the regular eqclient.ini generated by the EQ installation. It's entirely possible to run different settings for EQ inside and outside ISBoxer.

To make changes and have them saved into the virtualized files requires launching the character through ISBoxer. You can do them all at once by launching the entire Character Set, or individually by launching a Character Set Slot one at a time.

If you want to mass reproduce all the <character>-eqclient.inis at once:
    1] Delete all of .inis from the EQ installation (Do not remove the references from the ISBoxer Toolkit).
    2] Launch EQ outside of ISBoxer and set all the character options, spell effects and clipping planes to whatever settings the majority of the accounts should have (generally low or medium settings).
    3] Relaunch the Character Set or all the individual Characters through ISBoxer. The viritual eqclient.inis will then be re-created and copy all settings from the default .ini into all the Characters virtual .inis.
    4] At this point, you'll be assured of having consistent settings across all the Characters and only need to change the spell effects and clipping planes for the tank and puller.

They can also be edited manually by hand with notepad if you know how, but that's a huge undertaking.
<<

Isingforyou

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks again Fire, that is exactly what I will do! Sounds like a great plan and time saver. I should have time this weekend to implement this!

Isingforyou
32GB RAM
Seagate SSD drives
2 x 28" Hanns G monitors
6 boxing EQ1
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Are there /slash commands to change video settings?

I know with World of Warcraft, I could create two mapped keys.
One of those was 'Higher Settings' and the other was 'Lower Settings'.

I ran 'Higher Settings' as one of the actions that automatically occurred when switching to a window "Current Window".
And 'Lower Settings' would then run on 'All Without Current'.

That way, the active/current window would have the eye-candy, regardless of which character was active.
While the slave/in-active windows would have lowered settings for increased performance.

I'm curious if something like this is possible for EQ?
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

firescue17

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:56 am

To my knowledge, there aren't any /slash commands for spell effects or the clipping plane. I submitted a request for /clip <##> a few years ago. It didn't generate enough forum interest for a dev to pay attention.

Return to EverQuest