FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxing EverQuest: /Slash Commands and Text Strings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sfdd

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 am

Re: ISBoxing EverQuest: /Slash Commands and Text Strings

Hi Firescue17,

Thanks much for the write-ups! They give me something to read/think about again and again as I try to wrap my noobish brain around it all :).

At the end of your post in the What!? Why would I want to do this? section, you give the example for dynamically using whatever snare is appropriate (image 10). This is what you are referring to as a cascading combat chain, correct? My question - does this work because it just falls through until it hits something that will work (kind of like how one might setup a multi-binding keymap in EQ), or are you doing something somewhere else to select the appropriate mapped key replacement?

Thanks,
sfdd
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:38 pm

sfdd wrote:This is what you are referring to as a cascading combat chain, correct? My question - does this work because it just falls through until it hits something that will work (kind of like how one might setup a multi-binding keymap in EQ), or are you doing something somewhere else to select the appropriate mapped key replacement?

I'm actually referring to a couple of different things. First of all, I do not multi-bind. It is too buggy for my taste.

I am doing the "something else" you referenced; however, it's not a single "something else." In some cases, I am virtualizing actions with an Event Mapped Key for various Named, Raids, or what have you. In some cases I am using other Mapped Keys to toggle instant actions, such as bandoliers, which don't require previous setup. In other cases, and most often, I am using Vitualized Mapped Keys and Timer Actions to manage cooldowns.

A brief example:
Code:
                                                    Do Snare
                                                        |
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        |                 |                        |                       |                       |                     |
DRU               ENC                     MAG                     RNG                      SHK                      SHM
/alt act Snare    /cast Tash Spellgem     /cast Malo Spellgem     /cast Snare Spellgem     /cast Snare Spellgem     /alt act Malos

When I want to snare something, I hit my snare key and the Keypress cascades from the Hotkey, through the Character Set Virtualzation, to the individual Character Virtualization, and come out as a combination of actions, which may not actually be a Snare, but an associated command to facilitate synergy among the entire group (i.e. Malo / Tash helping the actual Snares to stick).

Snare is a simple example because the cooldown is so fast it doesn't require much redundancy. If we extrapolate the above example to something more complicated as a DPS Burn, where the cooldowns could be 10 minutes to over 1 hour, I will use Timed Virtualization Actions to change "DPS Burn" into a secondary and tertiary ability; resetting back to the primary ability when the cooldown expires. Once one has enough toons with enough AAs and Discs, one can effectively burn mobs non-stop without ever looking at a non-focused character to see what is available.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 am

2018-03-23: Fixed broken image links, reference links, and typos.
Previous

Return to EverQuest