FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxing EverQuest: Keybinds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 pm

ISBoxing EverQuest: Keybinds

This Key Map is extremely useful in facilitating Mapped Key Virtualization and profile troubleshooting. The beauty of this Key Map may not be readily apparent until one delves further into the following sections of the guide regarding /slash commands, text strings and Event Virtualization. Rest assured, you *will* love it.

THE CONCEPT
For all practical purposes, this Key map does nothing on its own. The Key Map simply contains a Mapped Key for all ten hotbars available in EQ sent to Self (Window: Current). The Window Target will be defined elsewhere in the profile at various times by various Virtualization actions.

The Mapped Keys use semantic naming as follows:
  • HB01:01 = Hotbar 01: Button 01
  • HB01:02 = Hotbar 01: Button 02
  • HB01:03 = Hotbar 01: Button 03
  • HB01:04 = Hotbar 01: Button 04
  • HB01:05 = Hotbar 01: Button 05
  • HB01:06 = Hotbar 01: Button 06
  • HB01:07 = Hotbar 01: Button 07
  • HB01:08 = Hotbar 01: Button 08
  • HB01:09 = Hotbar 01: Button 09
  • HB01:10 = Hotbar 01: Button 10
  • HB01:11 = Hotbar 01: Button 11
  • HB01:12 = Hotbar 01: Button 12
... and so on and so forth for Hotbars two through ten.

In order to set-up this Key Map for the first time, simply enter a "New Keystroke Action" for any Hotbar Button Keybinds you wish to use as defined in EQ's Options tab. Image 01 below is a sample image of the Keybinds for my particular Hotbar 3.

Image 01

WHAT!? WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THIS?
  1. It makes troubleshooting your profile much, much easier. I know how frustrating it can be trying to troubleshoot a Mapped Key, only to discover you were sending the wrong keystroke . . . Look at the "New Keystroke Action," Alt-Tab to EQ, check the options page, forget what your "New Keystroke Action" was, Alt-Tab back to the ISBoxer Toolkit, check, Alt-Tab, check . . . ad nauseam. I don't care if the "New Keystroke Action" is Home Row 4, NumRow 4, Alt 4, CTRL-Alt 4; I do care if it's the third button on the seventh hotbar.
  2. Remember the last time you purchased a new AA or looted a new clicky and tried to make room for it by shifting other buttons around on your hotbar? Well, now all you have to do is find your Mapped Key and change HB07:03 to HB07:04. Done.
  3. The most beautiful part: you just Virtualized your entire profile at the root level. With a "New Mapped Key Virtualization Action" you can now turn any Hotbar Button into anything else, including another Hotbar Button, at any time (HB01:03 is now HB04:12). Like a Pro becomes a breeze.
  4. See also: General Utility - Image 04.

BUGGED, INVALID, OR OTHERWISE UNAVAILABLE KEYBINDS FOR EQ
Please post a comment in this thread if you find others!
  • ALT- Any Key / CTRL-ALT Any Key: Will send the keystroke; however it also opens the Item Preview Window if used on a Hotbutton made directly from an item.
  • CTRL-N: Bugged or Hardcoded in the EQ client to open the Mail Window even if the Keybind is unmapped from Options -> Keys -> UI -> Mail Window Toggle
  • Enter: Additional Info
  • NumPad Enter: Additional Info

KEYBINDS RESERVED BY THIS TEMPLATE
  • HB01:01 - HB01:12 = NumRow 1 - NumRow 12
  • HB02:01 - HB02:12 = NumPad 1 - NumPad 0; NumPad Del; NumPad +
  • HB03:01 - HB03:12 = CTRL A - CTRL L
  • HB04:01 - HB04:12 = CTRL M - CTRL Z (Excluding CTRL N)
  • HB05:01 - HB05:12 = CTRL-NumRow 1 - CTRL-NumRow 12
  • HB06:01 - HB06:12 = CTRL-NumPad 1 - CTRL-NumPad 0; CTRL-NumPad Del; CTRL-NumPad +
  • HB07:01 - HB07:12 = SHIFT-NumPad 1 - SHIFT-NumPad 0; SHIFT-NumPad Del; SHIFT-NumPad +
  • ALT-I = Invite
  • CTRL-V = Paste from clipboard

RETURN TO ISBOXING EVERQUEST: TABLE OF CONTENTS

The End.

2018-03-23: Fixed broken image links, reference links, and typos.
Last edited by firescue17 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:36 am, edited 26 times in total.
<<

Alge

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:09 am

Re: ISBoxing EverQuest: Keybinds

Thank you.

I would suggest pairing this with the appropriate lines of the [KeyMaps] section of eqclient.ini. Then those binds could just be pasted into the appropriate eqclient-(Character).ini (the virtual files used by ISBoxer).
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:40 am

Are you referring to the Keystroke actions highlighted in yellow?

The template currently attached does not contain those, only a single Key Map with 120 empty Mapped Keys in it. I figured every user would have their own method of assigning Keybinds. For example, I have CTRL A-L assigned to Hotbar 3 and CTRL M-Z assigned to Hotbar 4 (basically CTRL plus the whole alphabet except CTRL-N). Other Users may use those Keybinds separately, or want them on Hotbar 2 and Hotbar 6.

I could certainly do it and upload .txt files with the .ini excerpts. I would really like to facilitate as much plug and play as possible, but I also don't want to mess up someone's existing profile.

Unless you meant something else entirely?
<<

Alge

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:44 am

Ah, I didn't quite read everything and missed that you weren't including the Keystroke Actions. I would certainly have no issue setting them up myself. Others may benefit from having them already done, particularly if they were chosen so as not to conflict with existing default EQ keybindings, and being able to just plug and play.
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:23 am

I think you're right Alge. I'm going to add a separate template with pre-assigned Keybinds as a secondary option to the empty one already posted. I'll also add a snippet from the EQ .ini.

A new user isn't going to have anything to mess up, a current user ought to know how to fix it themselves.

Furthermore, one benefit of a Keybinds Key Map is to drive your Character Set from a Menu such as your mouse Menu or a G Serious Keyboard which is convenient to the proverbial *you.* For the majority, personal preference, left / right handed-ness, and mobility issues shouldn't come into play regarding the actual Keybind. Most likely it is going to be virtualized as something else in a Menu anyway.

Thank you for the feedback!
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Updated template to include Pre-Assigned Keybinds for brand new installations as suggested by Alge.
<<

Vutar

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:49 am

As a complete noob to ISboxer, how would I put a template like this into ISBoxer for use? To show how noob I am at this it just took me hours to finally get "following and assisting" to work using Alge's thread.
<<

firescue17

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 am

1) Save your profile first!

2) Download the template and open it in the Toolkit.

3) Right click and "Copy Key Map to Clipboard"

4) Open your original profile back up and right click "Key Maps" and paste it.

Be advised, the entire template is not fully functional yet. I'm updating it as I go along; dissecting my profile and cleaning stuff up to make it more universal.
<<

Vutar

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 am

Okay that worked, thanks.
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:21 pm

lzxiro wrote:Wow thanks for the prompt response.

I downloaded the new template and see the added key maps.

Frankly I am still very confused :?:

I tried following your step by step guide and is totally lost rofl...
Do you think its possible to give a brief sharing of your EQ in game key bindings in order for me to understand 1) Keybinds ?
In 1) keybinds do i set all the toolbar buttons in eq key settings same as you suggested for H01-H07?

HB01:01 - HB01:12: NumRow 1 - NumRow 12
HB02:01 - HB02:12: NumPad 1 - NumPad 0; NumPad Del; NumPad +
HB03:01 - HB03:12: CTRL A - CTRL L
HB04:01 - HB04:12: CTRL M - CTRL Z (Excluding CTRL N)
HB05:01 - HB05:12: CTRL-NumRow 1 - CTRL-NumRow 12
HB06:01 - HB06:12: CTRL-NumPad 1 - CTRL-NumPad 0; CTRL-NumPad Del; CTRL-NumPad +
HB07:01 - HB07:12: SHIFT-NumPad 1 - SHIFT-NumPad 0; SHIFT-NumPad Del; SHIFT-NumPad +

That's entirely at your discretion.

You can either remap your Keybinds in EQ to match the ISBoxer profile; or change the "New Keystroke Actions" in ISBoxer to match your current EQ Keybinds. The only important part is they match.

If you're going to use your existing Keybinds, you can use the Keybinds: Empty Key Map and delete Keybinds: Pre-Assigned.
Next

Return to EverQuest