FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do you effectively multi box melee?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dday999

Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 pm

How do you effectively multi box melee?

Hi, I'm new to the program and am trying to learn the ropes. I'm have a very hard time multiboxing melee ... it's very clumsy to just use auto-follow and then auto-attack.

Is there a good way to make the melee move to the target? Any commands I'm missing? Or should I just box casters instead?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 am

Re: How do you effectively multi box melee?

Hi, I'm new to the program and am trying to learn the ropes. I'm have a very hard time multiboxing melee ... it's very clumsy to just use auto-follow and then auto-attack.

This is the right way to do it, although if you're only using auto-attack and no abilities that's a different story ;)

It does take some getting used to. Run past the mob a little and turn around, and your auto-followers are behind the mob or to the side, and your main will be in front. I did this for a long time in WoW, even before they added Interact with Target + Click to Move automatically moving toward the target. That was a nice addition, but unless the mob was constantly moving during the fight, it's really not a big deal to auto-follow up to it.

Is there a good way to make the melee move to the target? Any commands I'm missing?

Not without hacks, no. Don't hacks.

Or should I just box casters instead?

If you don't like boxing melees, then this would be a good idea to try ;)
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:23 pm

Double shrinking is imperative as well. When shrunk, the auto-follow distance is the same size as the hit box on almost all mobs except giant raid mobs and the ever annoying dracoliches. Double shrink also disables character collision so the toons will stack.
<<

Dday999

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 am

Ok I've gotten used to it now, it's working great (I just run through the mob with the tank, turn around and have the others hit it). I have an SK tank, 2 berserkers a bard and a rogue (and a merc journeyman cleric).

I think this setup actually works better than casters. With casters you have to set up a camp and pull to it (they need to constantly med, so you can't just have them on autofollow, except maybe in outdoor zones if all of them have fast mounts). Pulling to a camp takes time, which is time that is wasted IMO. With my melee group, I just run to the mobs and kill them on the spot, no need to pull. And no downtime due to my merc cleric.

The only problem I've had so far is in small confined spaces, like in the Hole, it's a pain in the ass to navigate the entire group constantly through doors and turns in a corridor.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Dday999 wrote:The only problem I've had so far is in small confined spaces, like in the Hole, it's a pain in the ass to navigate the entire group constantly through doors and turns in a corridor.

Keep in mind, you can move forward without breaking auto-follow. Set up a Mapped Key which sends "Move Forward" (W or Up Arrow) to "Window: All without Current." If there's not enough room to make a semi-truck wide turn, move you're lead character into the new passageway, stop, then hold "Move Forward" to suck the boxes following onto your Lead.

Return to EverQuest