FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Odd mouse problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Treesong

Post Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 am

Odd mouse problem

Hello, I have recently purchased an Innerspace sub and I am very happy with how it works! Just set up my 4-box in EQ and the keymapping works fine. However I have noticed a problem with "rightclick to mouselook" and then "leftclick to move" wich I use to get around in Everquest. Here is the glitch: when holding the right mousebutton, I start to move when I leftclick, and as long as I keep the leftbutton pushed, I will keep moving off course. However whenever I let go of the left button (but still hold the right button) and then look/swivle around, I will not start to move again if I left click again. I have to let go of the right mouse button first and then push both again in order to move. Very odd. I just should be able to stop and start with leftclick, while not letting go of the right mouse button(holding this for mouseolook).

The odd thing is that when I keep facing in the same direction, I can usually let go of the left button for a while (so still holding right button) and then when I leftclick I move again. So the glitch happpens when I am facing a different direction then when I first left clicked.

This does not happen when Inner space is not loaded. Is this a known issue, or can I change a setting?
I have Windows 7 64 bit, 16gb fast ram, I-7 3930 (or some) and a 3gb Radeon HD 7 series. I am using a old logitech trackman marble+ (best thumb trackball mouse built imo). No problems in other games with this. Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help!

Mike.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:31 am

Re: Odd mouse problem

I do see a bug with this, and I'll see what I can do to correct it ASAP.

What happens is the invisible mouse cursor (during mouselook) exits the EQ window (because you moved the mouse), and while it's out of the EQ window your left click is ignored.

You can work around this issue in the meantime by using a Window Layout that doesn't let that happen, e.g. Full Screen Stacked.
<<

Treesong

Post Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 am

Awesome, thanks Lax, will try that out.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Inner Space build 5843 addresses this issue. As of this post, it is now the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click Inner Space in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Let me know any other issues you run into :)
<<

enth

Post Thu May 23, 2013 2:53 am

I never had this bug, as I never played the game in question. But man, someone posting a problem and because of it, a new patch with a fix gets deployed on the very same day.. I wish some game producers had this kind of support. way to go
<<

Treesong

Post Thu May 23, 2013 7:36 am

Finally got around to posting: awesome fix! I played all evening with the new patch and the glitch is gone, works like a clock. I agree with Enth, fantastic support. Thanks, Lax!

Mike.

Return to EverQuest