FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Timeout error with Authenticator removed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tpb211

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Timeout error with Authenticator removed

I removed the EQ authenticator from an account and now Innerspace will not load that account. I am able to log it in without any problems without Innerspace. When I try to log in the account through Innerspace it gives a Timeout Error. This only started happening when I removed the Authenticator from the account. Is there a work around or a solution?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: Timeout error with Authenticator removed

tpb211 wrote:I removed the EQ authenticator from an account and now Innerspace will not load that account. I am able to log it in without any problems without Innerspace. When I try to log in the account through Innerspace it gives a Timeout Error. This only started happening when I removed the Authenticator from the account. Is there a work around or a solution?

Are you bypassing the SOE launcher and launching the game directly? Since the last expansion, the launcher seems to implement account features that are not available in-game, and in many cases logging in directly through the game simply does not work for a particular account. Sometimes the launchpad will correct it in a way that lets you log in directly.
<<

tpb211

Post Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

lax wrote:
tpb211 wrote:I removed the EQ authenticator from an account and now Innerspace will not load that account. I am able to log it in without any problems without Innerspace. When I try to log in the account through Innerspace it gives a Timeout Error. This only started happening when I removed the Authenticator from the account. Is there a work around or a solution?

Are you bypassing the SOE launcher and launching the game directly? Since the last expansion, the launcher seems to implement account features that are not available in-game, and in many cases logging in directly through the game simply does not work for a particular account. Sometimes the launchpad will correct it in a way that lets you log in directly.

Now you have me confused as I did not know it was possible to use the SOE launcher to load the accounts then transfer them to Innerspace? Or are you saying I should be pointing Innerspace to Launchpad.exe instead off eqgame.exe?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 14, 2013 4:27 pm

I am saying that if you point Inner Space at Launchpad.exe in the EverQuest folder, instead of pointing it at eqgame.exe directly, this error should no longer occur.
<<

tpb211

Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:17 pm

lax wrote:I am saying that if you point Inner Space at Launchpad.exe in the EverQuest folder, instead of pointing it at eqgame.exe directly, this error should no longer occur.

Thanks I will give this a try!

At what point is it safe to load MQ? I remember hearing something about the Launchpad and a MQ check.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 am

I do not know the answer to this question and as MQ is a EULA/ToS violation it is not up for discussion on ISBoxer.com anyway... sorry! :(

Return to EverQuest