FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ not launching with ISboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sega

Post Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 pm

EQ not launching with ISboxer

recently my eq is no longer launching with innerspace.

my normal eqgame.exe shortcut works.

this is the crash error i am getting. http://privatepaste.com/8514fca87b

i have tried everything on the forums short of re installing everything which i really dont want to do.

thanks in advance.
<<

sega

Post Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 am

Re: EQ not launching with ISboxer

any help on this?

have not heard a single thing back. sent numerous error reports and emailed lavish.

I am paying for the service so some level of support would be appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am

I apologize if I missed your post and e-mail 3 weeks ago, but in all fairness you could have posted a follow-up before now. I had just come home with my newborn daughter at that time and had a lot of catching up to do. Also, sometimes we handle issues like this in the chat room and then the forum post doesn't get updated with the solution...

Anyway...
C:/Program Files (x86)/everquest/eqgame.exe (Tue Jun 08 23:45:25 2010)

This is not a current version of EverQuest.

1a. We don't provide support for use of private servers, and our software is not guaranteed to work with old versions of games. There's also EQMac, which this version is not; EQMac is too old of an EQ version to be used with ISBoxer. Either way, if you really want it to work for this version, a quick google for your issue turns up a recommendation from 2006 to delete eqclient.ini in order to solve this issue, after which the problem was solved for that user. http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11700 -- From memory I believe it actually has to do with the game's windowed mode setting.

1b. If you're NOT using a private server, then the problem is most likely just that you have ISBoxer launching an old version of EverQuest instead of your current EverQuest install. Note that current EQ installs no longer default to the Program Files folder, but instead to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest. You can use Add Game from the Inner Space menu to add it if necessary, and then point your ISBoxer Characters at the updated Game and Game Profile. You can also delete the old EQ folder...
<<

sega

Post Mon May 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly the deletion of the .ini file did not work.

I'll have to resort to fresh installs across the board and hope that works.

Thanks again for your time and congratulations on the newborn.

Return to EverQuest