FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Difficulty Broadcasting Numpad Enter In EQ - G15 Keyboard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Difficulty Broadcasting Numpad Enter In EQ - G15 Keyboard

EQ does not seem to recognize Numpad Enter when broadcast by ISB. Things I've checked so far:

1.a) In-game keybinds are set correctly.
1.b) EQ does recognize Numpad Enter when the button is manually pressed.
2 ) The character in question is in the correct ATG. Other commands sent to Class-RNG work properly.
2 ) The debugger console is outputting "Button: from keystroke@is1: nomodifiers Num Enter" but nothing happens in game.

This is using a G15 keyboard with WinXP 32bit. The Mapped Key in question is:
Buff Levitate: SoE in 50: Do Buffs -> HB09:B12 in 99: Keybinds which is activated by Menu: Virtual G15 -> Button Set: Utility: Lighteningrod and Buffs: Lighteningrod -> Hotkey Set: Virtual G15.

Thank you for any input.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri May 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Difficulty Broadcasting Numpad Enter In EQ - G15 Keyboard

Still looking for some help troubleshooting this issue please. I don't know what else to look for.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 pm

firescue17 wrote:Still looking for some help troubleshooting this issue please. I don't know what else to look for.

Until I am able to look specifically at this bug specifically in EQ1, probably nothing except a different key to use for the moment
<<

firescue17

Post Fri May 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Thank you. I'm getting by without it, just wanted to make sure I'd done everything I could.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 pm

firescue17 wrote:Thank you. I'm getting by without it, just wanted to make sure I'd done everything I could.

The only other thing that comes to mind that you can easily try is that it may or may not help to enable the Hold option on your Mapped Key (or Menu Button) that sends this
<<

firescue17

Post Fri May 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Ok, I tried that with no change. I ran through all the different variations of Hold in all three places: the menu button, the intermediate Do Mapped Key, and the Mapped Key with the actual keybind in it. The debugger reported the expected press/release behavior for all 6 variations, but it still didn't translate to a keypress in game.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Numpad Enter is now fixed in EQ1 as of Inner Space build 5822. Just close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up :)
<<

firescue17

Post Sat May 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Ok, I've patched up. It looks like there were some more patches since your previous post. Now running IS 5823 and Toolkit 41.1.0511.4.

I ran through the same variety of different mapped keys, hold options, etc. When broadcasting "Numpad Enter" via ISBoxer the chat box text entry is opened as opposed to the keybind being pressed. Without knowing any better, it appears to me that "Numpad Enter" is being interpreted as regular "Enter."

I know EQ treats the number pad keys differently. While they are allowed as eligible keybinds, they can't be used to type or enter numeric values. I imagine that is complicating this somehow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 13, 2013 9:48 am

I'll take another look at it soon, thanks
<<

firescue17

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 am

I'm not sure how this relates, but it involves the Enter key as well. The regular Enter key to the right of the apostrophe key does not work as a Hotkey either. I was experimenting with Key Map toggles using the "/" and "Enter" keys as the switch to avoid activating Mapped Keys when trying to chat.

If one types "/g <message>" with the "/" key as the toggle, the switch works. If one types "[enter] <message>" using "Enter" as the toggle, the switch does not work.

Return to EverQuest