FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New ISBoxer question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Donleny

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 pm

New ISBoxer question

I am boxing 3 toons together, Bard/SK/and Shaman. I have created 2 hotkeys for the Shaman to target the Bard cast Hot and sit, I also created assist the Bard and slow and sit. Both keys work only if the Shamans window is up. Can I cast them from the Bards window so I don't have to switch??
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Re: New ISBoxer question

Yes, you can. At a guess you probably created a Mapped Key that has a Target of Window: Current. Instead, the Target should be the appropriate Character Slot.

You may also need to ensure that Make game believe it is the foreground window is checked in your Character Set.

For more specific advice you could share your ISBoxer configuration: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Donleny

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Do I want the toon that's casting to be slected as target, or the intended toon to be healed?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:59 am

The one that is casting. You need to send the appropriate keystroke to that character to make it cast.
<<

Cajule

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Donleny wrote:I am boxing 3 toons together, Bard/SK/and Shaman. I have created 2 hotkeys for the Shaman to target the Bard cast Hot and sit, I also created assist the Bard and slow and sit. Both keys work only if the Shamans window is up. Can I cast them from the Bards window so I don't have to switch??

I'll share how I have mine setup, and maybe you can pull from it what you will, and it may help or give some insight.

I play 2 different sets, some 4 some 5 box. My PC/Laptop can handle 5 but it really takes on hit on performace, 4 seems to about right for my setup, currently.

I'll go with my SK/Dru/Mage/Ench set up, as I play it the most, and seems to me more my style and liking.

Since my SK is the main melee in the group it makes a "rotation" of combat rather simple imo.

On my SK bar I have the main keys 1-0, - and = for my 12 keys. Which is all I need really, since the rest in done by in-game macros. Which I will share with you here, and it may help you out, idk but maybe.

I am going to presume you have already set up your team in ISBoxer and Innerspace, as well as have your keymaps etc already done.

I use my SK in {SLOT 1}, pretty much everything is controlled from this slot. I rarely have to switch screens, unless something just bugs out, or I get over zealous with a pull or what not.

First, I set up my group and extended target window on some random button, as well as a group invite button. Since inviting my team to a group is a one time occurance each time I play, I didnt feel the need to get very technical with ISB with all the bells and whistles. Its a simple one:

Group Invite
/invite Toon1 - Druid
/invite Toon2 - Mage
/invite Toon3 - Ench

Hit the broadcast key, and then click where I have the group window matching on the other screens to accept the invite. Ok that part done.

Second, I add my team to the /xtarget window. This way regardless of what slot my team shows on which ever window, the command I send via macro will always do what I want it to do. Sub your toons name for which ever slot you desire them to be in. ex. Toon1 is my SK so it would be /xtarget set 1 (SK Name)
Do this macro on each toon, on the same button.

/xtarget set 1 Toon1 - My SK name
/xtarget set 2 Toon2 - My Dru name
/xtarget set 3 Toon3 - My Mage name
/xtarget set 4 Toon4 - May Ench name
--This is set to my = key via ingame macro

Ok, that part is done, now I can move on to each of my toons and set up their macros on their screens.

Since my SK is in {SLOT 1}, I'll start with him.

You probably already know about the hot buttons, and for this I use the same hotbar on each of my toons. On button 1 its for all toons, but my SK its "Follow Me"

On each of the other toons, I added a macro to hotbutton 1 with, the SK's button is blank, other than to name it:
/sit off
/pause 20, /xtarget 1
/follow

This makes sure everyone is up and ready to follow, gives the servers time to respond to my request, targets my SK, then tells everyone to follow me.

hotbutton 2, is where my combat rotations start. Now the SK does have some spells and you can add them into this roation, which is fine, but you may or may not end up with an agro issue. Sometimes it works like I want it to, sometimes not.

"Assist Me 1" - you can add /timer ### in here if you want, to show the reddish countdown so you dont end up spamming your 2 button, but you limit the lines in your macro.
/sit off
/pause 20, /xtarget 1
/assist
/pause 60, /cast 1
/pause 60, /cast 2

hotbutton 3
"Assist Me 2"
/pause 60, /cast 3
/pause 60, /cast 4
/pause 60, /cast 5
/book
-Ive found that 5 combat spells are really all i need at this time, and is working well for me. Can be modified later when you get AA's to expand your spellbar.

hotbutton 4
"Heal Me"
/sit off
/pause 20, /xtarget 1
/pause 60, /cast 7 - I keep my heals on 7
/pause 60, /cast 7
/book

hotbutton 5
"Str Buff Me"
/sit off
/pause 20, /xtarget 1
/pause 60, /cast 6
/book

You should get the jist of it by that, if SHTF, I can just CTRL-ALT-2 or which ever slot needs more specific attention, and regardless if I still need to heal the tank, or attack his target the macros are already set on say my Druid/Mage/Ench bars, and I just have to click them or hit the button on my Razor. If you have added spells or abilities to your tanks buttons, then those would also go off as if you where playing in {SLOT 1}.

If wanted the druid port my group out, Lets say you had "Circle of Knowledge" on spellslot 8, on the Druid {SLOT 2}.

On the Tanks window, lets say you used the 0 hotbutton, and the macro was blank on his, other than just the name "EVAC!". Now over on the druids 0 hotbutton, its macro would look like this.

/sit off
/cast 8
/cast 8
/cast 8
/cast 8
- accounting for possible fizzles and the spell fails to cast, also stands you up, or if from a previous button being hit and he was face down in his spellbook.

This way, you can stay focused on your {SLOT 1} tank, while your druid is prepping to get you all out of there. There are other threads on here that go more into detail, say if you only wanted the 0 key to only go to your Shaman you could do that. Like when I bring in a bard in my group, he just pretty much stands there and does /melody 1 2 3 4 5 or whatever. Since he isnt really involved in any combat, and He has only 2 hotbuttons. When I hit 1 for him to follow he does so, just as my other toons. But when I just want him to sit there and sing a battle hymn, I can click/tap/hit whichever other button that isnt being used on other toons, say hotton 9. If while in my BL screen {SLOT 1}, when I hit 9, only the Bard starts melody, and does nothing on the other toons. One because the other toons have nothing on hotbutton9, and I have it set up in ISB for that group, when I hit 9, it only sends that keystroke to the Bard {Slot 5}.

Hope that helps.
I only hold the hands for a select few, but I claim them on my taxes. Semper Fi

Return to EverQuest