FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest times out login

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nimrodx13

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:29 am

Everquest times out login

Been playing game with isboxer for 3 days. Today I try to play but times out all logins. If I load game without isboxer then game logins in fine. Did do a windows update and got new IE10, could this have effect on isboxer? seen a post about IE 8 caused a problem before.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:02 am

Re: Everquest times out login

nimrodx13 wrote:Been playing game with isboxer for 3 days. Today I try to play but times out all logins. If I load game without isboxer then game logins in fine. Did do a windows update and got new IE10, could this have effect on isboxer? seen a post about IE 8 caused a problem before.

That is entirely possible, but the consensus so far has been that if you install the new EQ expansion you may need to launch via the EQ patcher instead of the No Patch option (eqgame.exe "patchme") or this "time out" might happen.

Secondly, the game client may simply report "time out" in the case of a bad password (this was the behavior for a long time after the playstation/SOE network hack...) -- if you have custom Key Maps enabled in ISBoxer (did you recently add anything?), then the keys you're pressing are not necessarily exactly what the game gets. You could try typing your password in the username field for example and make sure it appears right.
<<

celox

Post Wed May 01, 2013 10:26 pm

Re: Everquest times out login

disable keymaps before typing your password & reenable when complete - that's what i do and it works every time

Return to EverQuest