FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest Setup Questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

HAMsmith

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

Everquest Setup Questions

I would like to three-box EQ1. I tried paid ISBoxer and had no issues with the initial setup but found that the EQ UI was way too big in the now small split screens. I could not find a solution via google/this forum/SOE forums/wiki. How do you scale the EQ UI when you have the small screens provided by ISBoxer?

After setting up the program to run three split screens I realized that what I may be after is just the ability to "alt-tab" with one button, i.e. account one is accessed with button "a" account two is accessed with button "b" etc. Also the other ability I would like is to send commands to all accounts no matter which is active. Would ISBoxer be the best solution for this or one of the other products?

Thanks for the help!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Re: Everquest Setup Questions

I presume when you ran the Quick Setup Wizard you chose a non-swapping layout. You can check by looking at your Window Layout in ISBoxer. If "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)" is unchecked then I think EQ will render at the size of the window. If you check that option, then I think EQ will render at whatever resolution you have set in the client (not the size of the window). In the latter case your UI issue will disappear.

I know nothing of your monitor setup, the layout you used or your monitor's resolution. However, you may find a "stacked fullscreen" window layout (run the Window Layout Wizard) combined with the option in the next paragraph gives you more acceptable behaviour.

You want per-window Hotkeys for swapping.

Also the other ability I would like is to send commands to all accounts no matter which is active.

If by commands you mean keypresses then this is incredibly easy to set up using the Mapped Key Wizard. You want to make your Mapped Keys in either the Combat or Non-combat Key Maps and use the Straight Key Broadcast option in the Wizard.

If by commands you mean mouse clicks, then you can "Activate Repeat" by pressing Shift+Alt+R (by default) and have your mouse clicks relayed to all windows until you press that same key combination again.

If by commands you mean mouse clicks on your hotbars, a Repeater Region with a target of "all other" would be your best option.
<<

HAMsmith

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Everquest Setup Questions

Alge you are the man! The per-window hotkey is exactly what I wanted, so smooth, so nice!

Return to EverQuest